The ACME Hotel is definitely a trendy boutique type hotel which is exactly why we enjoyed it. Yes, the rooms are on the smaller side but are well laid out. We were king room on the 7th floor which had bed, two night stands, small table with bench and 2 stools, mini fridge and a large TV mounted on the wall. The modern décor was fun and we liked the red lips on the bathroom mirror. There was no view from the room. You looked out onto walls but the strategically placed trapeze artist (sculptures) in between them. Each room has a chalk board on the door that can be used to communicate with housekeepers when service is needed.
We arrived at 9:00 am and despite the hotel being sold out for days prior to our arrival and after we were able to check in immediately. What an unexpected bonus. The front desk personnel and the concierge were extremely friendly and eager to help.
The location was perfect. A few short minutes walk to Michigan Avenue, numerous restaurants, several jazz and blues clubs and about a 10 minute walk to Millennium Park. The L train (red line) is only a block away if needed.
It was also very easy to reach from the airport. We took the CTA (blue line from the airport) to Lake St and walked up State Street about 7 or 8 blocks to Ohio St. We took a taxi ($6) back to the blue line on our return trip to the airport.
The only negative thing was that our coffee wasn’t delivered one morning and we were using that as our wake up call. By the way the coffee is great.
Overall great place and great experience for a great price.
If you are a laid-back traveler you will love this place
I would definately recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Downtown Chicago Hotel. The brand new ACME Hotel Company in downtown Chicago offers a modern hotel experience with stylish decor, a high-tech vibe, affordable rates and so much more.Located 2 ½ blocks from the Magnificent Mile in the River North neighborhood, ACME is downtown Chicago's all new boutique hotel alternative.If you appreciate an eye for design and dig a high-tech vibe, you'll feel right at home. We'd like to call ourselves cool, or hip, because we are, but that just feels like bragging. But mostly, ACME is what we consider approachable - in more ways than one. The fact is, we want your experience at our downtown Chicago hotel to blow your mind, not your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your ACME Hotel Company Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Comfort Inn And Suites Downtown
- Comfort Inn Downtown
- Comfort Inn Chicago
- Chicago Comfort Inn