My wife and I stayed here over last December and really enjoyed it. We decided to visit downtown Chicago again and chose the ACME once again. It was even better!
This time, we chose the more economic Standard King room. This room did not have a City View (like our first visit), and to be honest, I think I preferred this. I didn't choose this hotel because I could look at buildings from our room but because it is downtown and in the middle of a great district, with many places to shop and eat within easy walking. Also, because this did not overlook the streets, the room was much quieter, with much less street noise.
The bed was very comfortable with 4 large and fluffy pillows. The workstation is a perfect place to enjoy a breakfast or take care of some business.
The rooms (both this one and our first) are small, but not confining. The rooms (both) were very clean and well kept. The shower features a large showerhead on the ceiling and hot water! (That sounds trivial, but I have stayed in places where the shower never got really warm.) The toiletries are from Lather.com (the shampoo was Mint-Thyme with Bamboo-Lemongrass body wash. Really refreshing.
A few new features since we were last here: They now have a bakery with excellent cupcakes and other pastries, and opening just a few days after we left is what looks to be a wonderful cocktail bar (The Berkshire Room). I can't wait until our next trip to explore that!
We did not use the fitness center, whirlpool or sauna, but they are available, and as is everything else, are clean and well-kept.
The Knock and Drop coffee service is excellent (free coffee delivered when you want it and the coffee is really good!)
Take a ride in both elevators, which are decorated with LP covers. How many do you have? (We own nine of the LPs.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Downtown Chicago Hotel. The brand new ACME Hotel Company in downtown Chicago offers a modern hotel experience with stylish decor, a high-tech vibe, affordable rates and so much more.Located 2 ½ blocks from the Magnificent Mile in the River North neighborhood, ACME is downtown Chicago's all new boutique hotel alternative.If you appreciate an eye for design and dig a high-tech vibe, you'll feel right at home. We'd like to call ourselves cool, or hip, because we are, but that just feels like bragging. But mostly, ACME is what we consider approachable - in more ways than one. The fact is, we want your experience at our downtown Chicago hotel to blow your mind, not your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your ACME Hotel Company Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Comfort Inn And Suites Downtown
- Comfort Inn Downtown
- Comfort Inn Chicago
- Chicago Comfort Inn