“An even better experience than last time!”

ACME Hotel Company Chicago
Ranked #29 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“An even better experience than last time!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here over last December and really enjoyed it. We decided to visit downtown Chicago again and chose the ACME once again. It was even better!

This time, we chose the more economic Standard King room. This room did not have a City View (like our first visit), and to be honest, I think I preferred this. I didn't choose this hotel because I could look at buildings from our room but because it is downtown and in the middle of a great district, with many places to shop and eat within easy walking. Also, because this did not overlook the streets, the room was much quieter, with much less street noise.

The bed was very comfortable with 4 large and fluffy pillows. The workstation is a perfect place to enjoy a breakfast or take care of some business.

The rooms (both this one and our first) are small, but not confining. The rooms (both) were very clean and well kept. The shower features a large showerhead on the ceiling and hot water! (That sounds trivial, but I have stayed in places where the shower never got really warm.) The toiletries are from Lather.com (the shampoo was Mint-Thyme with Bamboo-Lemongrass body wash. Really refreshing.

A few new features since we were last here: They now have a bakery with excellent cupcakes and other pastries, and opening just a few days after we left is what looks to be a wonderful cocktail bar (The Berkshire Room). I can't wait until our next trip to explore that!

We did not use the fitness center, whirlpool or sauna, but they are available, and as is everything else, are clean and well-kept.

The Knock and Drop coffee service is excellent (free coffee delivered when you want it and the coffee is really good!)

Take a ride in both elevators, which are decorated with LP covers. How many do you have? (We own nine of the LPs.)

Room Tip: Choose a standard room (no city view) for a quiet night's sleep.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brent H, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hello, Trevor L!

Thanks for the fantastic review. Even more importantly, thanks for choosing us again! I'm so glad we could make your stay even more enjoyable the second time around. It's great that you were able to try West Town Bakery. Isn't it delicious?! The Berkshire Lounge finally opens this Friday, so I hope you'll stay with us again soon and let us know what you think!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The room itself was very small but clean and comfortable. The décor was cool. HOWEVER, the view out of the window was terrible (see shared picture below.) I was on the 11th floor and looking at an abandoned building with broken windows. They also overcharged my debit card by charging it for 4 nights instead of 1. I would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brent H, Director of Sales at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
TravelFeedback7,

I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the room and décor during your stay, despite your lack of a view. I think the City View Queen would have been a better fit for you. The room is situated at the front of the hotel overlooking Ohio Street.

I do apologize that your debit card was overcharged and for the inconvenience. I hope that when you alerted our front desk staff of the error, they resolved the issue immediately.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Just loved the Acme Hotel. Arrived in June 2013 while in Chicago for a conference. Checkin was easy and efficient, room was nice and clean, staff was professional and corteous.

My only word of caution is that you must have a good sense of humor. This isn't your traditional hotel. It is an old property, has a
hipster vibe, and the rooms are a typical size for an older property. If your looking for the Ritz Carlton, this isn't your place.

• Stayed June 2013
AZFoodCritic,

Thanks for staying with us! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciated everything the ACME is all about. Please come see us again!
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The staff is amazing and they are very accommodating. The rooms are great, especially the suites. They have everything you need, but are as simple and funky as possible. I love the decor! Every time i came downstairs, they staff knew who i was and helped me with anything and everything i had for them. The whiskey bar and bakery will be unbelievable additions. They weren't even open when I stayed at the Acme and I can only imagine what it will be like when i go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brent H, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Hi, EmmaHHH!

Many thanks for the wonderful review! It's awesome to hear that our staff was so accommodating. We love to meet and get to know our guests. We're still anxiously awaiting the Berkshire Lounge (due to open next week), but West Town Bakery has opened and, let me tell you, it's scrumptious! You must visit us again soon and experience it for yourself.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Very good location, friendly staff and a innovative decoration.
I really would stay here again. Rooms are clean, large, confy beds, breakfast nice and it's located closer to the Mag Mile. The prices are a little bit high, but do not expect to pay less in Chicago.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Ecssj
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 12, 2013

First, in full disclosure, my nephew works at ACME, but I would have been floored anyhow! What a great room! Two giant flat screens, a great king bed, a rainfall shower, and a view to die for. This place is amazing! The bad part is, I don't wanna leave!!!

If you have plans to stay in the city, the ACME won't disappoint!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaulYou
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great bathroom and extremely comfortable bed - and it was very clean. The room was a bit dark, but we didn't spend much time in there during the day. Loved the big flatscreen TV at the end of the bed!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business