ACME Hotel Company Chicago
$650
$433
$519
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$309
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$582
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
$484
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$749
  • Room Service
$1,300
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
4,231 results
All reviewsberkshire roomknock and dropcoffee deliveredmorning joewest town bakerybakery downstairsalbum coversred lipsgreat locationcoffee servicefunky hotelfree coffeefun hotelbathroom mirrorcool vibehot tubking suite
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights during a road trip. It is an absolutely perfect location! On a previous visit I had stayed outside of the city and took the train in because of hotel costs, but I found Acme this time and SO happy I did! The price was really 'cheap' for a downtown Chicago hotel. Parking is expensive but it's the same or cheaper than other downtown hotels, so not biggie there.once you parked the car you didn't need it again. I was 7.5 months pregnant and able to walk everywhere.the hotel is very centrally located. I walked from there to Willis Tower and back and just continued walking. I love Chicago. The lobby is very modern and has a nice sitting area, free wifi and business center. Hotel looks new, it was revamped, I believe they said it used to be a Comfort Suites. Great little fitness center and sauna. Very comfy bed. nice tv, ipod dock and sitting area. In room safe was a nice touch, large enough to fit our laptop. cool bathroom with comfy robes..yes there is no shower door, but I didn't get water everywhere like other people are saying and I have long hair. Concierge was very helpful, suggested lots of great eateries.
Would return here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The good:
The room was spotless, the front desk staff accommodating, and the location was perfect for my needs this visit (right around the corner from the red line, two doors down from UNO'S, and close to all the shopping on Michigan Ave). The bed was comfy, the rain shower was great, and the free wi-fi was a plus.

The fun:
Decor was retro-hip with 70's & 80's album covers in the elevators and neon(ish) lips (ala Rocky Horror) in the bathroom which were always aglow. There are floor to ceiling zipper decals on one wall, and notes could be left to housekeeping (or whomever) on chalkboards mounted on the outside of the door to each room.

The few not-so-good things (and maybe I am just being picky):
VERY tiny rooms w/no closet to stash things
No Hotel Lobby to speak of
Absolutely NO views from most rooms
In-wall heater/air conditioner did not regulate the temps very well

For me the funky/cool factor of this hotel wore off quickly and I was definitely ready to leave after two nights. Would not suggest it as a place to take small children as one "guest" had written something very offensive on the chalkboard on their door for everyone to see. Otherwise, I would recommend this place for under 50 singles or couples.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank sharylk224
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Really cool hotel, great location, close by everything, good clean room with everything you could possibly need. Breakfast was great. Expensive but worth it.
I thought the decor in the room was really nice, I loved the free toilettries and thought the bathroom was great. The corridors are not as good as they could be but I liked the album covers in the elevators.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We selected this hotel due to the low rate that was advertised for our travel dates and based on the positive TA reviews We were not disappointed. The decor is pretty fantastic if you like sort of modern or whimsical decor. If you are very traditional and looking for flowered wallpaper, you are in the wrong place. There are big lips on the bathroom mirror that glow at night which is awesome. The colors in the room are neat and so is the lighting. There is a mini fridge as well as a mini-bar and snacks to take for a fee. The door has a chalkboard on it so you can write messages if you would like. The elevators have album covers on the wall. The room was clean and the beds have a million pillows on them which is really nice. My only complaint is that our window overlooked a parking garage I guess because we woke up to car alarms going off twice. That being said, the location is wonderful. Towards the top of michigan ave (as in near the river, trump tower, wrigley building.. that area). It is literally a block from the Weber grill and rock bottom etc. Really close to shopping and food. There is also a market on the next corner if you need that. All in all, this was a great hotel and I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: If you can stay away from overlooking the parking garage I would recommend you do it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was so impressed from the min I pulled up. Along with a low $$room rate, Great service at the front desk. Felt like you were interacting with your friends. Nice to have mixers with free hot choc, coffee, and hot tea 24 hrs! Room was very urban industrial. The convience of being one block from the red line and 3 blocks from Michagan Ave. made shopping and eating always so convienient. I will def make this my stop in Chi from now on!

Room Tip: Ice is on bottom floor!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business