New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of ACME Hotel Company Chicago

ACME Hotel Company Chicago
Ranked #24 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Milwaukee
“Very interesting hotel, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is a very well done renovation of a historic hotel. The location is superb and I found it to represent one of the best value propositions in the city. Our room, a junior suite, was perfect for our needs. Two separate spaces that functioned together well yet created the private space you would look for in a suite. Great bed, we had a wonderful nights sleep. They offer a coffee delivery program that is unique; order the night before and they drop at your door in a thermos at the prescribed time.....nice, and the thermos is a great idea. They also offer a comp breakfast on the second floor....once again a terrific value add.....coffee is available 24/7...very nice.

They offer a health club and biz center that I didn't get to visit. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, Director of Sales at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Hi Historichotelguy, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time here at the ACME Hotel. I am happy to hear that the you were able to take advantage of the coffee service and the temporary free continental breakfast. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on your next Chicago visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Atlantic Beach, SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Acme Hotel. It is very well situated in the River North section with easy, quick access to shopping (Mag. Mile), restaurants (all types), entertainment and sight seeing. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly, responsive and aims to please. Some of the rooms do not have a good view (parking deck and rooftop views) which was not a problem because most of our time in Chicago was outside of the room. Service is very good. A good value considering the price and location.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CISIL193, Director of Sales at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Hi William B, thank you for taking the time share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our great location in River North worked so well for you, and I do hope you had a chance to visit some of the great restaurants that surround our hotel. Thanks again for choosing the ACME Hotel and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Recently went to Chicago for the weekend. The hotel is located just 3 blocks from Michigan Ave which made it an easy walk. I checked many hotel prices in the downtown area and the Acme Hotel was the most reasonable. It nice and clean with a very friendly staff. Will stay there again when in the area.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hi kbjlong2002, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on our new hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again when you are back in Chicago.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was hesitant staying at a hotel named "Acme" but I was delightfully surprised upon my check-in. This hip little place is still undergoing some renovations (the restaurant wasn't open yet but free breakfast was available on the 2nd floor). My room was very comfortable for the 3 nights I was in town on a business trip. The location is close to many restaurants, the Magnificent Mile is just a few blocks up the street and the lakefront is less than a mile. I would definitely recommend this property and would stay here again on my next business trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Robert_DeVeau, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you were so pleasantly surprised when you arrived. The restaurant will be coming on board this Fall, but I am happy to hear the temporary Free Breakfast helped with not having a restaurant yet. Thanks again for choosing the ACME Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.
Michigan City, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I recently has a pleasant stay at the Acme Hotel in Chicago. Great location. The rooms were very clean and newly renovated. The decor of the hotel was new and interesting. I liked the elevator decorations of album covers on the wall. The continental breakfast was good. Overall a good stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wannabetravler42041
Hi wannabetravler42, thanks for choosing the ACME Hotel for your Chicago visit and we are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time with us. I have to agree that the elevator decor is one of my favorite spaces in the hotel. Again thanks for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travel plans bring you back to Chicago.
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Just stayed for two nights to see the Tigers vs Cubs and was very happy with our stay at the ACME. Cool theme for the rooms, great value, beds were great, staff very friendly and walking distance to everything we needed. Only negative was one of two elevators not working so was a bit of a wait. Will stay again if the price doesn't skyrocket.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Canadianhick77
Hi Canadianhick77, thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that our wonderful location worked out so well for you and that you enjoyed the brand new rooms. We do look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Chicago.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

I really want to like this place. The decor his hip and urban. The location is primo. The beds are comfortable. Perhaps the defficiencies are growing pains since they are new, but Chicago is a competitive market for patronage. As I read in other less than endorsing reviews, No luggage racks and not really being empathatic about that fact are true. They expect my clothes and my bag to sit on the floor! Newsflash, even Embassy Suites has luggage racks at half the price. Yes, the Tigers were in town and the hotel was full, but a 15 minute wait for the elevator when you are on the tenth floor? OK, things break down, but put a sign up, have someone by the elevator letting people know. The tipping point was a lobby full of people are waiting for the single elevator (21 minutes) and the door opens up and housekeeping is in the elevator with a large cart of towels. We saw people hiking up the stairs with their bags as high as the fifth floor. I am slated to return to Chicago In July, September, and November. I might give it another try but the upcoming trips are business ones and I can't afford to schedule an extra 15 minutes down and up for the elevator and leave my luggage on the floor.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank LeonelMD
Hi LeoneIMD, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I do want to apologize about the elevator being down when you arrived .Our elevator company had to air freight a part in to get the elevator operational again. Again, our deepest apologies for this inconvenience. The idea of the ottomans in the rooms is that they were supposed to double as your luggage rack and we have addressed this with the staff so that they can better communicate this with our guests. Again thanks for staying with us and please contact me directly about your future stays in July, September and November.