I stayed here June 5 - 7 and was very impressed, especially for the price ($142 per night on Hotels.com). I arrived early and could not check in until 2:30, but the staff stored my bag for me and apologized for the inconvenience. My room itself (I was upgraded to a King suite) was huge and clean. Yes, the lips in the bathroom mirror are just bizarre, but not a deal breaker. The king suite would have been an especially good choice for a family, as the two rooms are separated by the bathroom and a small hallway.
As this is a new hotel (a renovated Comfort Inn), a few things aren't quite there. The website promised "reasonably priced snacks" but there were none in my room (not that I really cared). The free breakfast was definitely a holdover from the Comfort Inn days -- with those pre-packaged muffins, dry bagels, and hockey-puck egg product you would expect at a budget chain; the breakfast quality really did not match the overall classy and fun design of the hotel. But there are many other breakfast options in the area, so it was not a hardship.
There is a computer terminal in the lobby you can use to print boarding passes or check email. The small gym on the lower level is sparse but cute. The hot tub looked inviting though I did not try it out.
The pleasant staff was really great -- the highlight of the place, particularly Pavan (I think) who checked me in. We had a nice conversation, and when I reported that the fridge in my room was leaking water, a repairman was there within 30 minutes.
There were two TVS -- flat screen, but since the cable/satellite feed was not HD, the picture was awful (this is typical of most hotels, not just this one).
I had no trouble with noise -- I do not know if that was due to good soundproofing, or just that I did not have noisy neighbors. Highly recommended. The location is great -- an L station is a block away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Downtown Chicago Hotel. The brand new ACME Hotel Company in downtown Chicago offers a modern hotel experience with stylish decor, a high-tech vibe, affordable rates and so much more.Located 2 ½ blocks from the Magnificent Mile in the River North neighborhood, ACME is downtown Chicago's all new boutique hotel alternative.If you appreciate an eye for design and dig a high-tech vibe, you'll feel right at home. We'd like to call ourselves cool, or hip, because we are, but that just feels like bragging. But mostly, ACME is what we consider approachable - in more ways than one. The fact is, we want your experience at our downtown Chicago hotel to blow your mind, not your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your ACME Hotel Company Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Comfort Inn And Suites Downtown
- Comfort Inn Downtown
- Comfort Inn Chicago
- Chicago Comfort Inn