“Delish and customizable gyros!”
Review of Gyro Mena

Gyro Mena
Ranked #2,791 of 9,766 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Gyro Mena opened in Dec 2011. It is now Jan 2012 and I have been there 3 times. Partially because it's a 1/4 mile from my apartment, but mostly because it is SO DELISH! It's like Subway for gyros. You pick what you want your meat in ("keep it clean" says the sign!) (the pitas are SO GOOD!), pick your type of meat, topppings (onions, grilled onions, tomatoe, feta, tons more...), and sauce. The first two trips I stuck w/the traditional tzatziki, but the last time I sampled the lemon tarragon yogurt sauce - yummy!! You can also get the gyro "Greek style" which means you get a few fries on top. They have more than gyros, but so far that is all I have tried. Friendly, quick service all 3x I have been there. The place is clean and well cared for too. Fun atmosphere - there are funny signs all over the place and a tv showing belly dancers. With tax, a gyro is about $6. I will definitely be back!

Been to Gyro Mena? Share your experiences!