“Best. Drink. Display. Ever.”
Review of The Aviary

The Aviary
Ranked #292 of 9,882 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Loop
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Seriously, I had no idea what to expect when I arrived and was blown away. The drink presentations were so eloquently planned out and incredibly playful. We arrived right when it opened at 6pm as the reservations for the evening had already been awarded. We were surprised to find the place fairly empty and took a seat on the patio to enjoy the sun still shining in the early evening. Our server, Molly, was incredible and so very knowledgeable and friendly. She even made sure to have our drinks out in record time so we could truly enjoy them and still make our supper reservation. (it seemed that all the staff there were very well trained in all areas required to provide the best service) Since coming back to Toronto we have not stopped talking about this place and I have already recommended it to others who are planning a trip to Chicago this summer. I will most definitely come back to Chicago just to make it back here and plan to try some of the food as it looked just as well prepared!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Another great production by Mr. Achatz. We reserved the chef's table and sat right in the kitchen! What a production this place has. You'd think, what's so interesting about a kitchen? It's really amazing to see how everything comes together and it really gives you a sense that the chef and the master mixologist feel very confident about their final product to let people experience watch a from a few feet away. Going out to get drinks will never be the same unless of course its at the Aviary again. I keep thinking about that Rob Roy.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I loved this place. They make the coolest drinks ever! The bites were nice too. The service was great. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Alchemists at the Aviary really know their stuff. As you approach the restaurant you really have no idea of the experience that awaits you inside. The door is on the west side under the awning. Seating was very cozy and everything we ordered was great. The presentation of the drinks and atmosphere are exceptional. We had a party of 8 and were here for about 3 hours and it did not feel like that at all. We sampled from some of the flights and some a-la-carte. All the drinks are delicious, some are presented with more pizzazz and flare than others. If you have time watch around you before you order and see what the drinks served with flare are and order those. Didn't have any food except the hasenpfeffer stew. It was delicious but the aroma was overpowering and my friends asked me to eat it fast so we could get back to just smelling the drinks. Don't go hungry, all the other food looked great but it's very light.

2  Thank RovertDrib
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visiting the Aviary is like visiting an art museum, except that the pieces on display are your cocktails.

2  Thank luxtravelgal