“A CLEAN Commercial American Diner”

Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 117 Coffee & Tea in Chicago
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
“A CLEAN Commercial American Diner”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I were searching for top breakfast locations in Chicago when we came across Wildberry Pancakes. We read the reviews and decided it will be one of our breakfast destinations during our July/August trip.

We arrived there at around 10.00AM and the place was packed. Yet, we only had to wait for 5 minutes to get a table. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating options. Its outdoor seating overlooks Millennium Park.

We shared “The Venetian” from the Sizzlin’ Skillets section of the menu, and ordered the “Los Altos Benedict” from the Specialty Benedict section. For desert, we ordered the “Signature Berry Bliss” pancakes

The Los Altos Benedict was really good. I didn’t like The Venetian that much though. It just had too little egg and too much bell pepper, onions and tomatoes. The dessert was delicious, yet again, not any different then what you would get at Ihop.

So let’s start with the pros: 1. Nice location across the street from Millennium Park; 2. Having both indoor and outdoor seating options is definitely a plus; 3. Very clean; 4. Friendly staff; 5. Large portions; 6. Delicious desserts

Moving on to the cons: 1. There’s nothing special about their breakfast. It’s just a regular commercial American diner. It is a much cleaner version of Ihop.

Overall, my wife and I enjoyed our breakfast at Wilberry Pancakes; yet, we didn’t feel it was any different from Ihop or any other commercial American diner. If that’s what you’re looking for then you will defiantly enjoy your breakfast there. However, if you’re looking for something more authentic, then maybe you should try the breakfast at Au Cheval.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
“Long wait, great pancakes, average everything else”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Wait time 45 min. Wich is a long wait for pancakes. Service is just meh. My hysband and I both got an egg dish and shared a side of pancakes. The pancakes are delicious byt the egg dishes are just average diner food. Ut was $50 for breakfast for 2 with a tip...seems a bit expensive. We live in nyc and at any diner therw breakfast is usually $25-30 with tip. And all this place is is a modern diner with good pancakes.

Shanghai, China
“Good service but not great food”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We went after lunch hours and there was no line or crowd. Service was prompt and our orders came promptly. There is really nothing than pancakes, waffles and French toast. Frankly, the pancakes were too soggy for my liking. Everything felt mashed together. Good service though. They never hurried us even though they were closing for lunch.

Howards Grove, Wisconsin
“Fantastic food!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

WE did have an hour wait to dine but we decided to wait and walk around for a while. The omelet was probably the best I've ever had and the whole grain fig and walnut pancakes were fantastic. The specialty coffee was also amazing. Better than starbucks. The service was fast and friendly. I would definitely return. The only minor drawback is that it is loud and busy but that's what happens when you serve great food.

Buckeye, Arizona
“Good but not worth the one hour wait....”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I totally agree with every one who says the food is good - but it's not great. The hour wait was expected and after being seated I was waited on promptly. Ordered the Napa Fig Omelette with Buttermilk Pancakes. Omelette was really good ( it was the scallions and applewood bacon!) but the pancakes weren't as good as IHop. Maybe I should have tried the speciality pancakes -I can say I've been there and I would go back but I won't wait an hour.