“Breakfast that is Worth the Wait!”

Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe
Ranked #14 of 9,899 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The breakfast I received at Wildberry is quite possibly the best breakfast, and even meal, that I have ever eaten. Usually I heavily critique my pancakes and French toast for lack of moisture or taste. But Wildberry's dishes, although large, always have ample sauce to moisten the fluffy pancakes, waffles, or French toast and provide the PERFECT bite. The flavors are so delicious that I dream about eating there.

Service was prompt and pleasant, despite the fact that the restaurant is packed wall-to-wall every morning. And yet the atmosphere couldn't be better. Get here early -- the wait is usually long, but it is worth every second. Reservations are only taken for parties of 6 or more, so maybe gather a few friends together to make it easier.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,662)

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I'm so happy we waited the hour and 15 minutes, cause this place was ahhhmazing! ! My family absolutely enjoyed this place today. We will definitely be back when we visit Chicago

Reviewed July 4, 2014

The wait for a table at 10 in the morning on a work day let me know this was a place worth visiting. The pancakes were terrific - I had the cinnamon bun pancakes and they were superb, a bit like a cross between pancakes and a Cinnnabon.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Terrific breakfast place...unlike the previous reviewers, we got in immediately and were served by a friendly and solicitous waitress. The berry pancakes were awesome and good for 2-3 people. My son, who is an eggs Benedict fanatic (he has sampled various iterations in at least 12 countries in 3 continents), rates Wildberry's version pretty high up on his list. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank occdoc
Reviewed July 3, 2014

So many places to eat in Chicago, but this is a must for at least one of your breakfasts!! Great location, and seems to have a long wait each morning. The food is worth the wait - everything we had was delicious. The corned beef hash was home-made, which is not the norm - and my wife loved it. The pancakes, eggs and even coffee was terrific - we loved it all!

Here's what I suggest - put your name in, take a walk around the park across the street for at least half or 3/4 of your wait time and then come back to see if your table is ready. This way, by walking you burn off a handful of the calories you're about to take in, while taking in some of the awesome sights in Chicago.