“Good but Crowded”

Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 346 Coffee & Tea in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
GLENMOORE
“Good but Crowded”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Expect a crowd regardless of when you go. Large menu with good food. Service was quick and friendly. A little noisy but not so that it ruins your experience. For a city restaurant, prices were quite reasonable.

1 Thank MICHAEL D

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa
“Go During the Week If You Can to Avoid the Crowd”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our hotel was very close so we decided to try the Wildberry Cafe. I had read that it was very good and had added to to the list of 5 places to go for breakfast (which was not included at our hotel). We went on a Saturday, waited in line with dozens of others, and returned two more times. The service is fast and friendly. The food is hot and tasty. The coffee is poured liberally. What more could you ask for in a breakfast meal. I tried the spinach Bennie and recommend the hollandaise sauce on the side. It was a LOT and very rich. Good thing I asked for the fruit and not the potatoes. I also had plain poached eggs one morning and the waffles on another day. Everything was good. Of course, I didn't need lunch!!!

On our second and third trip (Monday and Tuesday) there was no line-up and we were seated immediately. If you can, go during the week so that you can linger over your coffee and maps without feeling guilty.

1 Thank GenevieveK
Columbia, Missouri
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My hubby and I had breakfast here during our anniversary trip to Chicago and had heard great things. We were not disappointed. I had the cinnamon apple waffles which were delicious and my hubby had the berry bliss waffles which were so much better. The atmosphere is great, a clean and casual setting. The service was good and we left very stuffed. It wasn't very expensive either. I would definitely go again!

1 Thank TheNewlyWedFoodies
Troon, United Kingdom
“Awesome”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Only downside to this place is that you will almost certainly have to queue for a table. The food is incredible. If you are in Chicago more than one day you will want to keep coming back here day after day.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Hearty pancakes:)”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I thought the pancakes were awesome, service is good, there is a long but organized line since it is a very busy place, at least when I went:)