“A year later, my kids STILL talk about this place.”

Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 109 Coffee & Tea in Chicago
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“A year later, my kids STILL talk about this place.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

By far, the BEST breakfast we've had in a long time. Over a year later and my finicky children (ages 5 and 8) are still raving about the pancakes. The wildberry bliss panckaes are to DIE for, and the Mexican skillet could've fed an army (I ate the whole thing and passed on lunch that day). I'd suggest getting there very early (close to opening) as our familiy did. There was no wait; however when we left, there was a huge line out the door.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Flyrodtrouter

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Shelburne, Vermont
“Long wait on Saturday Morning”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Four of us went to Wildberry on a Saturday morning. At 10:00 we had to wait almost an hour for a table. The breakfast portions are large and there are lots of choices. I had the chicken salad and strawberry bread. The chicken salad was very disappointing. There was way too much mayonnaise compared to the small tidbits of chicken. I would recommend trying the breakfast skillets or the pancakes instead.

1 Thank Jan G
Florida
“Yum Yum!!! Best Breakfast and a meal for half the day!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I visited Chicago and found Wildberry very convenient to my hotel (just a couple of blocks south of the Hyatt Regency on Wacker. Therefore, my family and I ate there every day of the 4 days we were in town. There are so many positive things to say about Wildberry pancakes but do proceed with caution a few minor things. 1) It’s popular, therefore it does get crowded. You MUST plan accordingly. The first morning we woke up late and ended up there at 10am on a Monday – this restaurant within an office building, therefore you have the building’s employees coming in between 8 – 10am. I was advised by my waitress to try to come before 8:30, otherwise, there will be a wait. The next 2 days I got there between 8:30-9 and had a 10-15 minute wait. 2) This is not Denny’s and you will not pay $3-4 for a grand slam meal with everything… expect to pay approx. $10 per person. The children’s menu is a little limiting and portions a little too small, so we ended up ordering off the regular menu. For our family of 4 - 2 adults, 2 kids, coffee and oj for the kids – we were spending about $55-$60 a day on breakfast. The flip side is that the food was so good and hearty (but never felt weighed down) that we ended up skipping lunch each day, so we got 2 meals for the price of one. 3) Best value (in my opinion) is the egg plates with a side of pancakes in lieu of toast. This way you can have the best of both – protein with 2 pancakes (their specialty pancakes are $2 more). This is so much better than getting a stack of 5-6 pancakes alone. The best pancakes we had Cinnamon Roll and Berry Bliss (their specialty) see photos. My son LOVED the Waffles with glazed cinnamon apples. My 7 yr. son is a little picky and he DEVOURED these waffles; I have never seen him enjoy a meal as much as this one. The service each day was great, the food came out in a timely manner and was hot upon arrival. If I go back to Chicago, I would definitely start my day out here!

2 Thank RBabe
Wexford, Pennsylvania
“Mmmm.... so good!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

How can breakfast be this good!? Not your run-of-the-mill breakfast spot. The selections will satisfy the hungry. I enjoyed the garden skillet.....filling and delicious.....yes, vegetables for breakfast! We went for breakfast on two different occasions. Both times we were extremely happy with our tasty meal. I really wished we had tried their lunch. The mid morning wait can be 30 min. on the weekend. Whereas a weekday seating is entirely different. The staff is attentive, polite and happy. Nothing like starting our day with a happy experience!

Hull
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Food is really good. Butcher block sizzlin skillet was the best breakfast I've had in a long time.
Visited at 9am midweek, the place was busy, but still had free tables. Service was good. Staff friendly. Restaurant is easy to find.
Would visit again, if we get back to Chicago