“Great food and close to attractions!”

Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe
Ranked #12 of 9,838 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great food and many choices. The portions are large so I would recommend splitting one of the meals so you can try a bit of everything!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,590)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Decent food, fast service. Nice staff. I had waffles with glazed strawberries on top. The glaze ruined it a bit in my opinion. Didn't blow me away, but still had a decent meal.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

After reading great reviews about this place we decided to stop by for breakfast. We were seated promptly. I had the Florence benedict and my wife had the Berry Bliss Pancakes.
The pancakes were soft, fresh and extremely delicious. The berries were just ripe enough and the vanilla sauce was the perfect touch. Total price with drinks $27.85.
Great breakfast + Great service + Reasonable price = WILBERRY Pancakes and café :)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I saw that this place was number 1 in trip advisor and I had to go. We waited for an hour but it was well worth it, the wildberry and oreo smores pancakes were amazing!! The service was very good as well.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Friend and I wanted to chow down before hitting a Chicago Segway Tour last Saturday. We decided to try the famous Kuma's Corner for their burgers and ambiance. Burgers looked great.. place was packed inside and outside with waiting customers that looked like a fun bunch of folks.. but looking is all we got to do. Wait was quoted at 1.5 hours.. we were too hungry and too short of time for such a long wait so we tabled Kuma's Corner and instead tripped literally across the street to Square Bar & Grill.

Have no idea why Square wasn't as crowded as Kumas' (great for my pal and I)! Its just as casual as Kuma's with skateboards decorating the walls, a good sized bar, and the friendliest staff who know their menu and make spot on recommendations. The food was fabulous! We had their burgers and sexy yellow cocktails. One cocktail...had my head spinning but it was so good and refreshing...and went down so easy... we both ha to have another! Burgers are generous in size, the sweet potatoe fries lightly sugared (not greasy at all) were awesome. Best burger I have had in a long time. Kuma's what? Square is the place to go for a great burger and deceptively easy drinking but powerful cocktails.

Square is a definite return to kind of bar grill! If it gets too crowded now at Square.. you can always trip back across the street to Kuma's as a back up choice.