“Wedding Reception there!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place is amazing! Their mission is so commendable. The food was delicious but wished they had also served some traditional food as well. The workers were wonderful to us!!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had our 3rd meal at the Inspiration Kitchens. Dinner this time, at the Inspiration Café in Uptown, a fixed price menu. Your choices are 5 courses for $24 or 3 for $18. I chose the 3 course, my husband had the 5! If you're going for 5 you'd better have an appetite or bring someone to share it...the food is plentiful, full of surprising flavors and textures that just go together beautifully served with elegance by friendly wait staff.
My recommendation is to check their web-site and read the menu choices, they are every bit (maybe better) as good as their descriptions every time!!
There is no compromising on quality or service here.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Just off the Green Line, right in Garfield Park is a treasure. Every employee/ culinary student is a part of this non-profit's mission of bringing incredible food, excellent service, healthy-local-delicious-sustainable offerings to your table. I've actually dined here on many travels to Chicago & it's always been excellent. And it's very reasonably priced.
Note: there is also a location on the north side. I just haven't been to that location yet.
Order dessert if you can.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Really loved my meal here. Went to the Garfield Park location. The ambiance and service was great. Cheddar biscuits with molasses butter, carrot purée soup, beet salad, gnocchi, pork belly and panna cotta dessert. Great value and its a byob.

1  Thank DJMChicago
Reviewed November 18, 2012

What a beautiful day marked by a beautiful meal. I was only in Chicago for a few days and stumbled upon Inspiration Kitchens while doing a 'Yelp' search for Saturday brunch service that was highly-rated, inexpensive, and a short train ride from my hotel. Boy, did I get a deal. Not only was service from Valerie gracious and attentive, but my meal (shrimp and grits and a beautiful selection of loose teas) was FANTASTIC, and this mission of this restaurant is to feed, train, and employ disadvantaged local community members. For so little, I left with my heart and stomach exceedingly full. Such a special place this is - please go there, quickly, and with as many people as you can find :)

1  Thank tobah99