“No really- it's this good”

Inspiration Kitchen
Ranked #1,599 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Just off the Green Line, right in Garfield Park is a treasure. Every employee/ culinary student is a part of this non-profit's mission of bringing incredible food, excellent service, healthy-local-delicious-sustainable offerings to your table. I've actually dined here on many travels to Chicago & it's always been excellent. And it's very reasonably priced.
Note: there is also a location on the north side. I just haven't been to that location yet.
Order dessert if you can.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Really loved my meal here. Went to the Garfield Park location. The ambiance and service was great. Cheddar biscuits with molasses butter, carrot purée soup, beet salad, gnocchi, pork belly and panna cotta dessert. Great value and its a byob.

1  Thank DJMChicago
Reviewed November 18, 2012

What a beautiful day marked by a beautiful meal. I was only in Chicago for a few days and stumbled upon Inspiration Kitchens while doing a 'Yelp' search for Saturday brunch service that was highly-rated, inexpensive, and a short train ride from my hotel. Boy, did I get a deal. Not only was service from Valerie gracious and attentive, but my meal (shrimp and grits and a beautiful selection of loose teas) was FANTASTIC, and this mission of this restaurant is to feed, train, and employ disadvantaged local community members. For so little, I left with my heart and stomach exceedingly full. Such a special place this is - please go there, quickly, and with as many people as you can find :)

1  Thank tobah99
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Since I was meeting someone at the garfield park conservatory, thought we could stop here for a bite. What a great bite it was! A small but thoughtful menu with really delicious food. We went for brunch-- the service was great, the food inventive, and it was hard not to finish it....it's a BYO place but if you don't bring something, they offered a basil lemonade. Yum. The place also is quite stylish looking--I would call it sustainable Ikea and there is a free parking lot connected to the restaurant or it's in walking distance to the Garfield Park Conservatory el stop. This place is a must to eat at before or after visiting the conservatory. Another good thing is they do good work in the community and help the less fortunate with free meals, jobs, etc. Truly a find.

1  Thank HappiTravelerChicago
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We happened to arrive on the day the Mayor was having a business luncheon in the side room. It was just breaking up and there was lots of suits getting pictures, chatting, doing connections, and , of course, Hizoner was was posing for pictures and literally kissing babies. But it is a mark of a good restaurant that they can provide great service to their regular guests while the 30 or more VIPs are running around the place cause they are VIPs. Valerie, our server, made us feel like the most important people in the room. Our food was great, especially the potato leek soup, which might have the best soup I've ever eaten. The prices are low relative to the quality. Everything is done with casual class. The owners preach and act social causes, providing free meals to the poor, and hiring/training locals who need work. A short walk from the conservatory or the El, with parking.

Been to Inspiration Kitchen? Share your experiences!