“Very good fish, well priced, pay at counter”

New England Seafood Company Fish Market
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The seafood is very good, but you should know the service s comparable to a Corner Bakery. You order at a counter, the food arrives. You set your own table, grab your own silverware and napkins. The food is very good, not cheap, and not "amazing". They do not serve alcohol...which was fine for us. You may bring your own, without a corking fee, which is very nice. You would pay at east $10-15 more for the same sandwich or entree at a regular, good seafood restaurant -- which may also guarantee you a nicer environment and quieter dinner. We will return, but will expect extremely casual diviner. Per person price was about $20, fr the lobster roll sandwich, with a side of coleslaw. Try it - but do not bring someone here you do not know very well. This place will not impress at all.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We moved here from Boston several months ago and the things we miss most are the ocean and fresh New England seafood! I can't believe we haven't eaten here sooner! The clam chowder was perfect! Creamy with chucks of clams and potatoes! The lobster roll couldn't have been better!! Loaded with large chunks of fresh meat...(they have their own tank! )....very little dressing on a toasted hot roll! And the price....$16.95!!!! I paid $28.00 at another restaurant in Chicago and it was not as good at all!!! We also ordered the fried haddock. The crust was pretty crispy,but, it was also a little oily. It was very fresh though! We also brought home a pound of haddock for dinner the next night! So happy to have found this place! Cheaper than flying home!! LOL

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Yah it's a little beat up, but the seafood, lobster, salmon, whatever they have fresh from their counter is picked by you and then cooked. It's byob bring wine, beer, or Jameson as a small group of 20 something's brought to share. Yes it could use new tables, chairs, flooring, but that's not their style. Being frug,e helps keep the pricing attractive. It's not cheap but tasty.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have been in love with Essex fried clams since I was a kid visiting Boston. It is almost impossible to find fried clams that are not clam strips. Anywhere. I search the Internet when visiting large cities without success. Then I found New England Seafood Company. Relocated Massachusetts folks who bring in fresh east coast seafood. What a nice find! They taste as good as any other full fried clams I have found. I visit Chicago four or five times a year. This is now a mandatory stop.

1  Thank George F
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We went here last night after seeing this place on "Check Please". I couldn't wait to have a lobster roll. I have never had one, but heard them mentioned on and off in things that I read. I couldn't WAIT to have all that nice WARM lobster meat with melted butter. Then the waiter broguht it and it was a cold sandwich. Bummer. But it was very delicious. I'm just used to eating lobster warm. My husband had the lobster tails. he is a hearty eater so these little tiny lobster tails were NOT enough to fill him up. (it should be illegal to kill lobsters at such a young age) All-in-all, for the price of the food is kind of steep for what you get. (mine was $17.95 for a half folded over sandwich and some chips, his was $20.00 for 4 tiny lobster tails that looked about the size of crayfish) Chips on the side is not what I consider a meal. And the chips were WAY too well done. Yuk. Brown potato chips. gross. With alittle work, this place could be WAY better. We drove 2 hours for a 15 minute meal.