“Wonderful food and atmosphere”
Review of Pump Room - CLOSED

Pump Room
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Description: The Pump Room restaurant offers reasonably priced, delicious favorites in a relaxed, comfortable, and exciting environment. The new food concept was created by world-renowned chef and 2011 James Beard award winner Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Original Pump Room menu classics were reinvented and recreated by Jean-Georges providing his special touch and amazing style. He will support local purveyors, regional flavors and offer a “farm to table” experience. At night, the restaurant's bar transforms into a supper club recapturing the glamour of the 30's and 40's with a modern twist. Offerings include late night tapas style small plates as well as local, domestic and international draught and bottled beer; exotic, specialty cocktails by our own mixologist, and great music.
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere was very gorgeous and classy. This is one of your upscale restaurants. The menu has a lot of selections on it. The food was great, however the portions are small. Be careful with ordering water, they charge for all water except tap water, which they don't tell you prior to ordering. I overall recommend this place.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Brett was our waiter and couldn't have done a better job making us feel like welcome guests. Truly the most genuinely friendly service I've ever had. The food was all exquisite -- I would call out specifics but we sampled so many different things that it's just impossible to do it all justice

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had reservations at Pump Room on Saturday night celebrating a belated Valentines Day dinner with my girlfriend. It was a very cool atmosphere and a very trendy bar. They are a bit proud of their drinks but service was great and the drinks were good. We had to wait about 15 minutes for our table but were seated in the center of the room. Lots of buzz in the air and the place was very vibrant with active conversation at every table. Dinner was flavorful but the fried chicken was a bit spicy for my taste so I was fortunate to trade entrees (which we often do) and had the braised short ribs which were fantastic. Service was attentive and although a bit busy, we felt well taken care of. Certainly not a cheap dinner but a great place for special occasions. Can't comment on dessert as we were full.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This place has one of the best lighting that I have experienced in any restaurant so far, cluster of big light balls gives it a very contemporary look. I and my husband went there for my birthday dinner and since my husband took care of the reservation beforehand we didnt have to wait for long to get our table. One can order drinks while they are waiting for their table to be set and I opted for Cucumber Martini which had already set my expectations high for the food and I am glad to say that they didnt disappoint me. I had the spinach and cheese flat bread to start with and took ravioli in the main course. The service was amazing and the attendent was very friendly. The food went really well with a bottle of Moet & Chandon.
suggestions:
Reserve in advance
They have small serving so be prepared
try spinach and cheese Flatbread
Cucumber Martini is worth a shot

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Food - great! Service - fantastic! Decor and ambiance - amazing! Prices - maybe a little overpriced?