Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
$187
$167
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$211
$187
$206
$604
$376
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
Hotels.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$239
$233
$149
  • Room Service
4,548 results
All reviewsle barprestige suitegreat locationwater towerhancock towerrush stroom servicemichigan avenuecomfortable bedbeautiful hotelturn down servicethe gold coastlarge bathroomtwo blockshigh floormag milemagnificent mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Pros: Great location, confortable beds, nice bar
Cons: Too expensive for the service provided, slow service at restaurant, poor concierge

This was the only hotel available last weekend in Chicago and since we had been in other Sofitels in Europe we though we would try it but it was a bit dissapointing.

We parked in the public parking next to the hotel and arrived with our lugagge to the front desk, checked in and didn't have any help to get our lugagge to the room. Next day we went to have breakfast at the hotel restaurant and had to wait half an hour for 2 pancakes and 1 oatmeal, seems there was a problem in the kitchen as other tables arriving after us were served before us.

When we checked out we didn't even were asked how was our stay.

The location was vey good but if there are other choices for that price I would avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank viajeros14
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Bonjour viajeros14,

First of all, please let me thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor further to your stay amongst us earlier this month.
I truly appreciate your comment about our famous Sofitel MyBeds and our amazing Bar. It was a real pleasure to read that you were able to take advantage of our excellent location in the city, close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.
It is always disappointing for us to learn when one of our guests is not fully satisfied with his experience. I personally apologize for the service you received from our front desk and concierge teams as well as during your breakfast experience. I hope I could be able to know better about your guest experience.
I am looking forward to welcoming you and hearing back from you soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Rooms were a great layout, and size. Bed was so comfortable. Bathroom had a separate bath and shower. We stayed on floor 22 which gave us some good views. Location was super handy to most things to do. Check in and out was smooth and quick. All staff encountered at this hotel were friendly and would open the door etc. Wasn't to fond of the breakfast downstairs but there was a cafe next door which were half the price and great food. Let them know if you are celebrating anything, as we had a lovely surprise of strawberries and chocolate waiting for us. All in all, great stay at the Sofitel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.

Bonjour Carly W,

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I so appreciate that you chose our hotel for your stay in Chicago. Very pleased that you found that the service was `very friendly and quick'. This is very important to us. It is also great that you liked our entire accommodation and enjoyed the beautiful view offered by our hotel.
I took good notes of your comments regarding your breakfast experience.
I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon, for another special occasion!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Very friendly service at the front dest. Our room was very nice and clean. Good location for walking(Gold Coast, Magnificent Mile). Comfy beds. Only there for one night, but was pleased with what we saw.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bonjour JustJoan68,

I appreciate your comments posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.
You were very generous with your comments, and I very much appreciate that you found the front desk staff “very friendly”. You are so correct, our location is very convenient.
I am happy to see that you were so extremely comfortable in our world-renowned Sofitel MyBeds and `very nice and clean' rooms.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower in a not too distant future.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

The bed was super comfortable, you could sink in and not come out for days. Ask for a room above about the 15th floor so you can have a marvelous view of Chicago's beautiful architecture. The location is also very handy to downtown and to the Chicago red line El station, and you could stroll to Michigan ave or the lakeshore. We used to live a little north of here and were considering staying in our old neighbourhood, but really, downtown is the way to do it in this city when you're visiting. The atmosphere, the people, the food, the attractions, it's all here. What a great city!

We got a priceline deal which made the price to stay here a steal. We also didn't get given a cruddy room just because we booked a deal, which was nice. Somehow we got free internet with our room, but not sure how we did that.

Room Tip: The higher up you are, the better the views, and in Chicago they're worth it. Also we had free wifi, but not sure if that is standard.
1  Thank Canada-Oz

Bonjour Canada-Oz,

I sincerely appreciate you took the time to write those kind words about your recent stay with us at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am glad to see that you were so extremely comfortable in our world-renowned Sofitel MyBeds and nice rooms with a beautiful view. Thank you for recommending our upper floors rooms as well. I could not be more pleased to learn that you enjoyed our central location and took advantage of it.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon in this `great city'.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at the Sofitel for a quick Chicago visit. We absolutely love all that Chicago has to offer and this hotel will definitely be one we will visit again. The hotel celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary with a room upgrade and chocolate covered strawberries. Here is a breakdown of Sofitel.

Front Desk: The Front Desk personnel are very nice and professional. We arrived at the hotel at 9:00 a.m. Even though check-in is at 3:00 p.m. they were able to accommodate us and check us in. I also liked how the staff came around the desk to shake our hands and give us our room keys.

Hotel: The hotel lobby is beautiful. I enjoyed the patio area in the front of the hotel. It was a great area to read or to just hang out. The hotel is in a great location. The hotel is walking distance from many wonderful restaurants and fantastic shopping. Also there is a great tea shop across the street.

Rooms: We had a Deluxe King Room. It was very clean, modern and a had a great view. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was a nice size for a city hotel. * note: the room does not have a coffee machine; however you can request a complimentary Keurig to have in the room. Also complimentary coffee and tea is provided every morning in the restaurant by the bar. This is not mentioned anywhere in the room or hotel. I just learned about this because of other reviews on Tripadvisor. The mini-bar is also very sensitive. Housekeeping must have moved some things around in the mini-bar and created a charge of $50. However the hotel quickly removed the charge without any hassle.

Area of Improvement: I would recommend that the hotel either on the website or checkin mention the the option of a coffee machine or the complimentary coffee and tea that is provided each morning. Also I did notice that the staff around the coffee/tea bar was not that friendly. They never greeted any of the guests that were getting coffee. There were other staff members at the front door, some bellman that never smiled or said hello. I think that these small improvements would make this a more like a 5 Star hotel. But from my experience I would say it’s a solid 4.5 star hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Look forward to visiting Chicago soon.

3  Thank Lovetotravelinluxury
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Bonjour Lovetotravelinluxury,

Thank you for your generous comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I am so pleased that your overall guest experience was wonderful and that we fulfilled our mission to make this special occasion an unique one.
I am glad that you found the front desk staff `very nice and professional'. This is very important to us and we are very proud of us. I also really appreciate your comments for the design and comfort of the lobby, room and bathroom.
However, your description of the bellman and restaurant teams was so not in keeping with the feedback we generally receive, yet I am very appreciative that you brought those experiences to our attention. I have truly noted your recommendations.
Also it was great to read your comments about our central location close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.