“nice hotel/excellent service/great location”

Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #22 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 19, 2014

always stay at this hotel when in Chicago for work. nice amenities, great service and food/bar. only challenge is trying to get a taxi when the weather isnt great, but the location and quality of the hotel and service more than makes up for it

Room Tip: certain rooms give you a direct view of the john hancock tower, ask for it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Bonjour zakkutner,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your nice feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read that you received an `excellent service'. Our team is always very proactive and do its best to provide the highest level of service, which you should expect from a Sofitel hotel. It is also wonderful to hear you enjoyed our very convenient location and delicious food at Le Bar.
Thank you very much to share your tips regarding the view with our valued readers.

Looking forward to welcoming you back amongst us,
Yours truly,

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I am a Marriott gold member so for obvious reasons I stick to them. When I had to book a Chicago trip few were available and the few were way $$$. Three of us all Marriott gold stayed here for three nights and really liked it. The service above and beyond. The rooms were spacious, clean and very up-to-date. I highly recommend this property however, the restaurant a bit pricey but was expected. The location is good very central.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Bonjour Goose54,

You could not have pleased us more with your comments on TripAdvisor that your stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower was `excellent'.
It is the utmost compliment that you highly recommend our hotel. I am so pleased that you took advantage of our ideal location and that you were very comfortable in our modern rooms.
Thank you very much for complementing our Ambassadors. Your words have been passed on to the staff and they extend their gratitude for appreciating their efforts.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.
With best regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very good hotel both for the service and the position. My room had a wonderful panorama on Chicago skyline. Only few minutes walking from the magnificent mile and the most important locations in Chicago.

Room Tip: Higher floors are very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bonjour Simijune,

I was very pleased by your kind comments on Trip Advisor following your experience at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I very much thank you for recommending us. It was a pleasure to read your impressions regarding our well designed rooms and ideal location. Your satisfaction regarding the staffs’ service is most important for us, and I will be happy to share your feedback with the entire team.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

This was my second visit to Chicago with my wife and our first stay at the Sofitel Chicago. We really enjoyed our stay. We had a superior room (upper floors) with king bed and it was clean, comfortable and quiet. Our room had a great view of the John Hancock Tower which also served as a great point of reference as we toured the area on foot. There was a little hiccup in service when they could not locate our reservation despite having a confirmation number, welcoming email etc., but that was eventually resolved in short order.

I read at least one comment about service not being consistent with the reviews. My view for what it is worth is that they don't reach out to you asking how you are or what you need, but if you need anything like walking directions, taxi, information on public transit, printing boarding passes, suggestions, etc. they respond with a smile and don't act like your question or request is an imposition. Any employee you pass by greets you with a smile and "bonjour." I never saw housekeeping, but our room was always made up quickly. That's my view of good, if not, great service.

Very close to Michigan Ave. shops and restaurants. Speaking of restaurants, short walks to Gibson's, Mike Ditka's, Del Frisco's, Tavern on Rush, McCormick & Schmick's or Morton's. Reasonable stroll to Eataly and Weber Grille. Or, for your sweet tooth, Sprinkle's Cupcakes, Hershey's or Ghiradelli's...too many places to mention, all within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Bonjour MATravelerBOS,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay amongst us.
It is always a real pleasure to receive such a positive feedback from our guests. Service is one of our priorities and I have taken good notes of your comments.
I am very happy to read you also did enjoy your room along with the view.
It was a real pleasure to read about your guest experience, and that you were able to take advantage of our excellent location in the city, close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.

Be assured that I will share your very nice words with all teams and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2014

The location was fantastic in downtown Chicago. The room size was well allocated and their services was amazing, from reservation, to check-in, to concierge services. I give them an A-plus. As always we enjoyed our stay here as we do at the Sofitel in Paris. Simply fabulous.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour Adeyinka I,

I was very touched by your kind comments on Trip Advisor following your experience at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower last december.
I very much thank you for recommending us. It was a pleasure to read your impressions regarding our property. Your satisfaction regarding the staffs’ service is most important for us, and I will be happy to share your feedback with the entire team.
Finally, I really appreciate your wonderful comments regarding the location of the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back soon,
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Decent location although a large block or so away from the Water tower. Room was on the small side compared to other downtown Chicago hotels and this hotel had a somewhat impersonal feel to it. We were looking forward to the amazing service everyone else has raved about in their trip advisor reviews but front desk, restaurant and bell service was average - nothing special. Everyone was quite harried on a busy Memorial Day weekend. Our rate included breakfast but the included choices were limited for vegetarians. It would have been much better to have a dollar credit to spend. We skipped breakfast the second day.

Stayed: May 2014

Bonjour Eat-Sleep-Walk,

Thank you for your very generous comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I was glad you appreciated our wonderful location close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.
The size of our rooms is among the largest in downtown Chicago, and I sincerely regret the fact that it didn't meet your expectations. It will be our pleasure to reserve a larger room for your next stay with us, at the best available rate.
Your description of the service was not in keeping with the feedback we generally receive, yet I am very appreciative that you brought this average experience to our attention.
I have taken good notes of your comments regarding the breakfast vegetarian choices and please rest assured I will share them with our Director of Food and Beverage.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower in a not too distant future.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We came back to Sofitel Chicago after our first stay two years ago, and I must say the experience this time was much better. The gentleman who checked us in at 11pm was very courteous and polite, I think his name was Barkey, not 100% sure... He made sure we felt at home during the whole process. He offered the drink vouchers to us for being Accor Hotel elite member and accompanied us to the elevator.

Welcoming sweets was in the room ready for us, and that was a surprise. Given the price point and the location, you can't go wrong with this hotel, which offers a European chic vibe.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Bonjour Jason C,

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and also for choosing the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
Very pleased that you found this last experience `much better' and that you liked our french identity. This is very important to us. Berkay was more than happy to receive your nice comments and please rest assured that he has been recognized for the excellent service he provided.
It is also great that you took advantage of some sweets and drinks in your room.

Thank you for your words and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon, for the third time!
Best Regards