“Fabulous staff, service,location.....”

Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #25 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The location was fantastic in downtown Chicago. The room size was well allocated and their services was amazing, from reservation, to check-in, to concierge services. I give them an A-plus. As always we enjoyed our stay here as we do at the Sofitel in Paris. Simply fabulous.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Bonjour Adeyinka I,

I was very touched by your kind comments on Trip Advisor following your experience at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower last december.
I very much thank you for recommending us. It was a pleasure to read your impressions regarding our property. Your satisfaction regarding the staffs’ service is most important for us, and I will be happy to share your feedback with the entire team.
Finally, I really appreciate your wonderful comments regarding the location of the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Decent location although a large block or so away from the Water tower. Room was on the small side compared to other downtown Chicago hotels and this hotel had a somewhat impersonal feel to it. We were looking forward to the amazing service everyone else has raved about in their trip advisor reviews but front desk, restaurant and bell service was average - nothing special. Everyone was quite harried on a busy Memorial Day weekend. Our rate included breakfast but the included choices were limited for vegetarians. It would have been much better to have a dollar credit to spend. We skipped breakfast the second day.

Stayed: May 2014

Bonjour Eat-Sleep-Walk,

Thank you for your very generous comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I was glad you appreciated our wonderful location close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.
The size of our rooms is among the largest in downtown Chicago, and I sincerely regret the fact that it didn't meet your expectations. It will be our pleasure to reserve a larger room for your next stay with us, at the best available rate.
Your description of the service was not in keeping with the feedback we generally receive, yet I am very appreciative that you brought this average experience to our attention.
I have taken good notes of your comments regarding the breakfast vegetarian choices and please rest assured I will share them with our Director of Food and Beverage.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower in a not too distant future.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We came back to Sofitel Chicago after our first stay two years ago, and I must say the experience this time was much better. The gentleman who checked us in at 11pm was very courteous and polite, I think his name was Barkey, not 100% sure... He made sure we felt at home during the whole process. He offered the drink vouchers to us for being Accor Hotel elite member and accompanied us to the elevator.

Welcoming sweets was in the room ready for us, and that was a surprise. Given the price point and the location, you can't go wrong with this hotel, which offers a European chic vibe.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Bonjour Jason C,

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and also for choosing the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
Very pleased that you found this last experience `much better' and that you liked our french identity. This is very important to us. Berkay was more than happy to receive your nice comments and please rest assured that he has been recognized for the excellent service he provided.
It is also great that you took advantage of some sweets and drinks in your room.

Thank you for your words and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon, for the third time!
Best Regards

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Exellent service and location. Great food and drinks. Welcome drink vouchers used for Champagne in the bar. Suite worked well for four people, where two used the living room sofa turned into a bed. Bathroom was in between master bedroom and living room, where both rooms had sliding rooms to close making it quite convenient. Most room plans elsewhere require extra guests to enter bathroom via master bedroom (unless there is a guest toilet- but that doesn’t have shower etc).

Room Tip: Suite would be great for 4 due to bathroom layout.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gumball997

Bonjour gumball997,

What an amazing review about your stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, thank you very much.
I am very happy to read that you spent a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed the layout of your suite.
The service is one of our priorities and I am delighted to read that our teams have offered you a quality of service that meets your expectations. I am also very glad to read that you were able to enjoy a glass of champagne in our amazing bar.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best Regards.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The rooms are large, staff friendly and ready to help and the restaurant's breakfast was superb and you can't beat the location, right off Michigan Ave. I'll keep on coming back to this property when staying in Chicago. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Bonjour Smtraveler016,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a beautiful review of your recent stay here at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff contribuated to your experience.
I am also pleased to see that you took advantage of our delicious breakfast at Cafe des Architectes. You are so right saying our excellent location is very convenient, so close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments, and looking forward to welcoming you back really soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We visited Chicago in May for the first time as a couple (I had been there once on a brief business trip years ago) and thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Sofitel-Chicago Water Tower. Great amenities, the bathrooms are everything you have read about--large, open, spa-like, with all the little extras you could want. Bottled water was replaced each day in our room--a much appreciated perk. Beds were very comfortable, we slept well, but I could have made good use of a lighter bed-cover--the comforter was almost too warm at times. We walked to just about everything, and felt very safe. Good choices nearby for food, such as Tempo Cafe, the Original Pancake House, as well as the restaurant on-site at the hotel had excellent coffee and pastries. Also enjoyed some Chicago-style deep dish pizza (we liked Lou Malnati's best), and ate at Gibson's Steakhouse (superb service and food). We had a room on the 9th floor, but with a direct view of the John Hancock Tower. On our last evening we went to the bar there--beautiful views from up top. We were actually in Chicago for a wedding at the Newberry Library, also within walking distance of the hotel, even in heels! We found the hotel to be very quiet--never heard anyone coming or going. The lobby could have used a bit more lighting, we thought, but this is certainly a minor point. Everyone who worked there was very pleasant and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip and would definitely go back--both to Chicago and to the Sofitel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Bonjour virginian4vegas,

I would like to thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that you were very pleased with your stay.
I am delighted to read that you liked the design of your bathroom along with the amenities. It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed the view from your room and your overall trip in Chicago.
Also I was glad you took advantage of our wonderful location close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.

I hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Stay here for 2 nights and we Felt more like in France that in the states when we stayed here. From toiletries to service staff to in room dining, it was all French :) experience amazing hospitality and rooms were very clean.

Only minor complain is that there isn't much of a view.

Would definitely come back!

• Stayed: September 2013
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Bonjour Eunice W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay here at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially seeing that you liked our hotel and the experience of our slice of French sophistication in the heart of the United States. Thank you for your kind comments not only about our clean rooms, but also about our amazing team, and you can rest assured we have recognized them for their outstanding service.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower in the very near future.