“Stay was average”

GreenLeadersGold level
Columbus, Ohio
“Stay was average”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Nothing extraordinary to report. I was pleased that they let us check in early. Coffee and tea is served in the restaurant until 11. A little uncomfortable to trek in their after a workout while others are dining to get tea and coffee.

We had to call Housekeeping for them to clean our room which was disappointing. Fitness center is nice but small. Fresh fruit, water and newspaper available.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Bonjour Abesbabe23,

First of all, allow me to thank you for the comments you shared on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in February.
I was truly happy to read that you have been able to enjoy an early check-in upon arrival. And I was delighted that you liked our nice fitness room and took advantage of the amenities.

Your point regarding the coffee and tea served at the restaurant has been duly noted. I would like to express my sincerest apologies with the inconvenience you encountered in your room. Rest assured that this is unusual of our standards of service.

Our relationship with our valued guest is of utmost importance to us, and it is always a pleasure having you stay with us.
If there is anything we can do in advance of your next stay with us that will make your experience more positive and enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Chicago Water Tower soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here two nights over Valentines weekend. This is a lovely and contemporary hotel. A perfect central location. Employees are terrific and the lobby is kept immaculate. The rooms are nice with every amenity needed and the bathroom is spacious and I loved the separate bath and shower. Robes and slippers are a nice touch. Please do yourself a favor and order their continental breakfast (we ordered the larger pot of coffee which was a good idea) because it is a wonderful treat to start your day. I felt spoiled getting this little luxury each morning! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Bonjour alynn,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us on the Valentine's week end. To know that we assisted in making such a special occasion more memorable is more important than anything else.

We are delighted that you and your husband enjoyed the overall service. We were also truly happy to read that our continental breakfast exceeded your expectations and that it turned out to be a wonderful time of your days.

Thank you for sharing your comments and I hope that you present us with the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Chicago Water Tower in the near future.

Best regards,

Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stay was almost perfect. Staff was gracious and more than willing to help with anything we needed. No matter who we came across, they smiled and acknowleged us.
Parking and valet was an absolute disaster. Paid the required amount, but will never again. Clouded the experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Bonjour Ron L,

We thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your last visit at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
We are very honoured to read your words concerning our Staff. They all have been recognized for the outstanding service they provide.
Nevertheless, we were deeply sorry to learn that your experience with our valet parking has not been entirely in keeping with your expectations. This is not typical of our standards of service to our guests, and we regret the impression that it gave you. Please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to address this in order to prevent any future occurrence.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have been to the one in Brussels and wanted to check out the one in my hometown. It was just as beautiful and clean. I love the way it smells in the lobby. The front desk staff are super friendly. I recommend getting breakfast room serviced. Such a nice treat. love love the Sofitel hotels.

Room Tip: Anything over the 25 floor should get you a great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Bonjour Diane N,

I really appreciate your posting on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your loyalty to the Sofitel hotels. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback about our service. I have shared your encouraging message with our Front desk, Housekeeping and Room service teams and recognized them for the outstanding service they provided.
I am pleased to tell you that our wonderful fragrance in the lobby is fig. It has been created especially for us.
We all look forward to welcoming you back soon

Plantation, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My daughter and I stayed in a prestige suite for one night last week. We arrived by noon and our room was ready. The staff there was very friendly and attentive upon check in. The room was immaculate. The design of the suite was perfect. Double doors led into a large bathroom. The master suite had double doors leading into the living area and sliding door from the foyer to allow the bedroom to be in complete darkness for sleeping in. The rooms had just the right amount of paintings that were illuminated with an overhead lamp. It was designed with all the comforts of home. The bed was very comfortable. We had a tasty breakfast at cafe de architects. They accomdated my daughters request for substituting M&Ms in her pancakes and offered freshly baked pastries with our choices. After breakfast I was able to get in a workout at the fitness center that had weights and cardio equipment. The hotel is located very close to Mag mile. There were mostly couples and businessmen there but the staff was very friendly towards the hotel guest that had the kid.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Suitegals
Bonjour Suitegals,

What a wonderful review you have given us. Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your comments and such a nice description of our rooms on TripAdvisor following your stay with us. Both teams at the Front desk and Cafe des Architectes were also very glad to receive your comments about their wonderful service.
I am pleased to know that you spent an enjoyable time with your daughter at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
We are looking forward to welcoming both of you back to our property very soon.

Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The location was ideal for me! My suite was 1/5 the price of the Peninsula and I need the two extra block anyways. My stay and use of services were the room, and certain valet services. Great business hotel for north MI area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Bonjour George B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I so appreciate that you considered `everything great' in our hotel. So glad that you found the location `ideal' and that your entire stay met your expectations. This is very important to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

London
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed here in February 2014 - chose the hotel based on trip advisor recommendations, and the location.

I highly recommend it - room was lovely, modern furniture and decor, very comfortable bed. And a great bathroom with separate bath. I had a 'junior suite' with amazing views of the city- 30th floor. Being winter it wasn't even expensive- to get an equivalent room in say, Manhattan, you'd be paying a fortune.

The location is very good- loads of cafes and restaurants around, and supermarkets. The lake is only a couple of blocks away, and you can walk to the Loop in 20 minutes. Millennium park about 30 mins, and museum campus about 40 (very nice walk along by the lake).

I'll definitely be staying there again next time I'm in Chicago, one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in.

Room Tip: Get a junior suite if you can, with a city view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Bonjour ejoch,

Thank you so much for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that you chose the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower based on the Trip Advisor reviews and that you recommend it now!
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay in one of our junior suites and that you found the view to be `amazing'.

We look forward to having you on your next visit to Chicago.