I spent there six days, four with my wife.
In general the service at the hotel is great, specially front desk employees which are obviously very well trained. House keeping is decent but not that good, a low spot.
If you want rooms with a view, definitely go for high floor and lake view (rooms 8 to 16). We stayed at room 2912 and it had a great view including Hancock tower.
The location is fantastic, only two blocks from Michigan Ave and Oak street. Very good for shopping and restaurants, and with a lovely small square with a tea shop in front.
Appearance is very good in general, and rooms a just fine in size.
THE BED MUST BE LIKE SLEEPING IN A CLOUD. The best I've tryed in the US. This is the second time I stay in a Sofitel in North America (the other was Montreal).
A great experience for a long stay, I will go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile bids you welcome with world-class downtown Chicago hotel accommodations - minutes from Michigan Avenue, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Art Institute, and trendy boutiques. Designed by the French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, our downtown Chicago Illinois hotel is a 32-floor prism of glass, boasting 415 rooms, including 33 luxurious suites. Embrace modern design and rich architectural legacy at this luxury hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Prestigia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Chicago Water Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Sofitel