THINGS YOU WANT TO KNOW:
1. In room safe - (Located in the closet)
2. Refrigerator (However, it is filled to the brim with liquor and food that they charge you for)
3. NO Coffee/Tea Maker - however, complimentary coffee or tea offered in the morning in the restaurant
4. Iron and ironing board
5. 1 large flat screen TV
6. Hair dryer (stored under the bathroom sink)
7. Floor length mirror - Closets are mirrored as well
8. Makeup mirror in the bathroom (but it is not lighted and I had difficulty getting the light to shine equally on both sides of my face. The mirror is attached on the far side of the vanity in the bathroom)
9. No ceiling fan
10. No heater in bathroom
11. Has stand up shower and separate tub
12. Robes and slippers provided (hanging in bathroom and closet)
13. Closet has light that comes on when the door is opened
14. Workout room - includes treadmills, elliptical and weights - TV’s did not work on all the equipment - Headphones with changeable foam earphone covers provided - Large bowl of fresh fruit is kept in workout room along with towels and water dispenser
15. Great location - within walking distance of almost everything downtown
16. Beds extremely soft with no top sheet (done European style)
17. Phone in bathroom
18. Bathroom light switch doubles as a night lite
Service provided by this hotel is topnotch. For example my remote control for the TV did not work properly and so on my way to dinner I went by the front desk and asked to exchange it. I offered to pick up the new one on my way back from dinner. Well they wouldn’t hear of that. They insisted that a new one would be delivered to my room and indeed it was there by the time I got back from dinner. Also, I called down to the front desk to ask a question about the conference I was attending and the phone was answered with “How may I help you (insert last name). In other words they make an effort to use the names of their guests. Nice touch.
As mentioned above there is NO coffee maker in the room. However, they do offer complimentary coffee and/or tea down in the restaurant in the morning. This is very inconvenient, in my never to be humble opinion. It means I have to get dressed, put on my makeup, all out of courtesy to the other guests in the hotel of course, before I can have a cup of coffee. A luxury hotel should have a coffee maker available in the room or have free coffee provided by room service available upon request.
The beds are ultra-soft and only have a duvet as a cover with no top sheet. In the middle of the night I found myself sweating bullets. I couldn’t kick off the duvet as I would have had no cover. I had to get up and turn the air conditioning to freezing in order to stay under the duvet and covered. I know that this is very European but I found it annoying. It also makes me wonder how often they change the duvet cover! Ewwww!
All in all, a great hotel with style and class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile bids you welcome with world-class downtown Chicago hotel accommodations - minutes from Michigan Avenue, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Art Institute, and trendy boutiques. Designed by the French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, our downtown Chicago Illinois hotel is a 32-floor prism of glass, boasting 415 rooms, including 33 luxurious suites. Embrace modern design and rich architectural legacy at this luxury hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Chicago Water Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Sofitel