This is a welcoming hotel in a good location for visitors, just one block from the Hancock Tower and Michigan Avenue. I booked a Superior King room with breakfast & wi-fi included in the price – 3 nights. The room was not huge but had everything you needed including a beautifully clean bathroom and a view of the Hancock Tower and the lake from the 28th floor.
The bed was the usual very high Sofitel standard – incredibly comfortable with lovely linens. Towels and bathroom amenities were all good quality (Les notes de Lanvin – not highly scented) and the rainfall shower was fabulous – great water pressure. There was also the standard (deep) soaking tub for those that prefer to prune and wrinkle…
The hotel employees, without exception – from welcome to goodbye – are great and a major reason for the 5 star rating above. Friendly front desk people who were knowledgeable about both the hotel and the immediate area, breakfast staff who welcomed me each morning with what seemed like genuine pleasure and housekeeping who were just delightful – always with a ready smile (they did a good job too – the room was spotless) Kudos to the management for either their training or their recruitment practices – they definitely chose the right people for this hotel.
Food – I only had breakfast at the hotel but each day was a treat. I found the food to be really delicious – eggs benedict, omelettes made to order, fresh pastry and good coffee (which you could also get “to go” each morning). My room rate included breakfast but had it not I would have happily paid the standard (i.e. expensive) price for the dishes I ate.
I should also point out that the hotel is exceptionally quiet – if you get a room overlooking the front of the hotel there are no long corridors so no voices as people walk by – great if you are a light sleeper. My only gripe would be the absence of tea and coffee making facilities in the room and the silly wi-fi prices charged – these should be standard in any hotel of this calibre. And I’ve just remembered that as an A-Club Platinum, I wasn’t offered free drinks in the bar the first night. Strange, but I would still choose this hotel again and recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile bids you welcome with world-class downtown Chicago hotel accommodations - minutes from Michigan Avenue, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Art Institute, and trendy boutiques. Designed by the French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, our downtown Chicago Illinois hotel is a 32-floor prism of glass, boasting 415 rooms, including 33 luxurious suites. Embrace modern design and rich architectural legacy at this luxury hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, ACCOR, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Chicago Water Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Sofitel