“Sofi I think I love you!” 5 of 5 stars

Sofitel Chicago Water Tower
Ranked #17 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Florida, Uruguay
“Sofi I think I love you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This Sofitel is awesome. After mediocre service at the Waldorf Astoria Reach Resort Key West I had thought customer service had been forgotten (thanks Paul). A special thank you however to Irwin. He is excellent and was an excellent representative of Sofitel during our large meeting event. He helped us with our checkout, printing boarding passes, catering, and even went out and bought me sugar free Red Bull when I requested. This is great! Thanks Sofitel for going well beyond my expectations and renewing my faith in customer service.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank ckckckckckck
Nicolas_Pesty_GM, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Bonjour! Thank you very much for your declaration of love - we are flattered! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Irwin and his team helped make your meeting a success. Thank you for complimenting our hotel and staff. It is always our goal to exceed our guests' expectations, and so it is with pride that we receive such positive feedback about a guest's experience at Sofitel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the very near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Okay... there is nothing wrong with this hotel at all. It is a stylish place with great rooms and fitings ( large TV with a Bose wave radio).
The service was spot on , whatever we asked for we got it with a smile. The concierge is very helpful and can give you good advice on things to do and places to eat.
Will definitely stay in this place EVERYTIME I am in Chicago

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nicolas_Pesty_GM, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Bonjour! Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our location to be ideal. Thank you very much for complimenting our "spot on" service, our rooms and our Concierge team. We are especially pleased to know that you will be coming back to stay again. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were amazed at the proximity to all of the N. Michigan Avenue, venues, bars and restaurants we love in Chicago. The price was very reasonable on the weekend and we were able to stay parked for the entire stay with all things we enjoy within walking distance of 15 blocks in all directions.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our excellent Gold Coast location during your weekend stay in Chicago! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My travel agent got a great rate for us for 2nts (Fri/Sat). We took the CTA from MDW to Chicago stop - just 2 blocks away. All decked out for the holidays. Lobby was stunning and lively and impressive. Checkin very welcoming. We asked for a coffee maker to be sent up to our room (thanks to other reviews). We were on 15th floor and even though across from elevators was very quiet hotel!!! Room was small but well furnished and very comfortable. Bathroom was big and luxurious. Tub was way too shallow to enjoy a soak - but nice to be separate from shower. We loved the area and will absolutely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for coffee maker in room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of a good rate, our excellent location and our proximity to public transportation. Thank you for complimenting our lobby's lively holiday decorations and for providing the tip about requesting a coffee maker at check-in! We are always happy to provide one to our guests in addition to the complimentary coffee and tea available in our restaurant each morning. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to visit chicago and stayed at the sofitel water tower. I thought the location downtown close to all the attractions and shopping was excellent. The hotel had all the amenities but none of the noise and commotion that often comes with a hotel in a big city. My only problem was that my room was not made up in a timely fashion. But one phone call resolved that issue quickly.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Nicolas_Pesty_GM, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for pointing out our excellent Gold Coast location! Please accept our apologies for the wait you experienced for your room to be serviced. This is not typical of our standards of service, and we regret the inconvenience. However, I am glad to know that the issue was resolved quickly and to your satisfaction. Thank you again for your stay, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

What can I say? I am a Francophile. I have never stayed in a Sofitel before and did not know what to expect. I have stayed in many Chicago hotels and each one seems to have a different ambience. Ici, The lobby is small but decorated in a classic nouveau French feeling with lighted tiles on the floor and a beautiful palatte enhanced by bouquets of flowers leaning out of vases. This weekend there were some holiday decorations making it plus festive and plus chic. Checking in was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. The young lady from Marseille not only responded to my query of" did we get our upgrade?" but offered a suite on a lower floor which was fine with me. I was traveling with my husband and "what can I say" but the extra room, tv, desk and added space were much appreciated! The hallway to the room was lovely with striped carpets, newspapers and light wood. Modern, chic and understated. The room was also light wood with modern furniture. Though both rooms were on the smaller side , together the open doors to the living room and surrounding windows with a city view gave the feel of a small beautiful apartment.The bathroom of light beige marble was similiar to ours at home so we were delighted. There was a small shower, a bath, a toilet and a sink in a large bathroom. There was a hand shower over the tub. All of this is very French and well organized. Even the amenities were well thought out- nailfiles, qtips, cleansing pads and a shower cap as well as a real hair dryer. I mention the above because it was such a relief not to search for a shower cap or have to call for one when I needed it. Bravo. Also all the toiletries were Hermes, another nice touch. I really did appreciate the "Frenchness" of it all: the small reading lights above the bed as well as lights on the side tables, mini bar and safe out of sight, desk facing the back of the couch to allow for a side chair to complete the room and white bed linen to finish" The look". My best advice would be to order pillows on arrival. I like down pillows. When you arrive there will be two different types of pillows on the bed, don't wait till nighttime to figure it out. The bed is not quite a king and a little soft but comfortable. The air is adjustable to your liking in each room. When we arrived it was too hot but we just changed the temperature and voila- comfort! We ordered room service. It came within 30 minutes. Entrees were along the lines of nouveau French cuisine, not your usual Chicago hearty fare but well presented and good quality. We tried the assorted appetizers and while interesting and pretty, they really were mini or in this case tres petite!!!! Oh, the other nice touch was a tray of macaroons and water upon arrival .Also the most French thing on the menu is the entree for the dog and the entree for the cat. C'est si bon! J'adore mon chien et je souhaite qu'il reste avec moi tous le temps. Oh, sorry a few days here and your high school French comes back. So the good news was the room at the end of the hall, the prompt service and the relaxed, easy atmosphere. Also the location is excellent for walking around downtown, shopping and seeing the sites. I would stay here again which for me is really what I look for in a hotel. The minus points: the closets are very small if you have two people and hanging clothes but they are lit and well outfitted, the elevators are small and if you are in a hurry to check out it may be frustrating and somehow room service left a tray in the hallway overnight even though we called. We left on Sunday morning and the lobby was full but interesting: wedding people, a young man playing a guitar and my extremely interesting and understated but tres chic group!!! I am always shocked by taxes in Chicago so be prepared for about 13% added on to the rate. The other thing that was an interesting business decision is that some services are outside the hotel. I never made it to the gym but "Princess" Nails next door was quick, easy and well priced as well as aptly named for moi. They must have known I was coming by!!! My friend sent a limo to take us to her house in style, so thoughtful- really- and there we were taking our bags to the car across the street because we had not called for a bellman. A little too understated for me but perhaps we forgot to ask for help.Overall we relaxed and felt that we had truly gone away. I attribute this to the fact that I go to Paris often and expect certain things in a French hotel of a certain ranking. I don't mind a more boutique atmosphere and I enjoy the formal,polite respect of the staff. Tres Bien, Merci. Bonsoir.

Room Tip: Corner suite was enjoyable don't really know what else to say but ask square footage.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Nicolas_Pesty_GM, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Bonjour, and Merci for your review! We are delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us. Remember to come stay with us in Chicago next time you are in need of a little French touch, my team and I will be glad to welcome you back.
Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to your next visit. A bientot!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I liked this hotel. Cool, clean, modern rooms, quiet, yet close to everything. Good food. I would stay here again when visiting Chicago. The only odd thing was no sheet between comforter--was that intended to be intentionally European, or just an oversight? I called housekeeping in the morning, and they promptly added a sheet when they made up the room while were out.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Nicolas_Pesty_GM, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. Your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve upon our service and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would like to come back.

To answer your question about our bedding of our beds are prepared in a European style with a duvet and duvet cover only. All of our bedding is cleaned after each guest's departure or daily, if the guest requests for us to do so. We are happy to prepare the beds with an additional top sheet and blanket upon request.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the very near future!