Following some unsettling correspondence prior to our arrival, we were a little anxious about our reservation here. However, we checked and double checked our A club account and indeed, the booking was clearly there. We've stayed here previously and so had a clear idea of what to expect - a fine, modern hotel in contemporary style, well located for the grand finale to our road trip. Nevertheless, when we checked in, our reservation didn't have all the information regarding our A Club membership and there remained some confusion. This minor irritation was soon resolved by an upgraded suite and excellent service until we checked out.
Our suite was very good indeed. Consisting of a bedroom, large bathroom with separate shower and WC, plus a comfortable sitting room with desk, all areas featured floor to ceiling windows overlooking the city. This made for a bright and airy feel and a spectacular viewing platform for the thunderstorm one evening! Though the whole suite was clean and well furnished, the carpet in the sitting room was pretty grubby with sticky patches - not somewhere I wanted to walk barefoot, for sure.
The bed was super-comfortable and cosy, the linens fresh and soft and there were more than sufficient towels in the bathroom. I loved the Hermes toiletries - the fragrance brings many happy memories!
The lobby is busy and as always in a Sofitel, the flowers are spectacular! We choose not to linger in the hotel however, and enjoy breakfast in Tempo just down the street.
Having checked out and requested our car, we joined a crowd outside on the pavement to wait...and wait. Clearly, there was a backlog of cars there which hadn't been collected, there was a traffic jam building up and staff were getting stressed. With a flight to catch, we were getting impatient (and we weren't alone). Our car was eventually brought round with profuse apologies and we drove away feeling a little sad that such a great stay had ended in this way. But Sofitel redeemed themselves almost instantly - by the time we reached the airport, we'd had a personal email apology with credit for our parking charge. All credit to Front of House Manager Marie Trani for not only managing a challenging situation but for following through so effectively.
I recommend the Sofitel highly and look forward to a return visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile bids you welcome with world-class downtown Chicago hotel accommodations - minutes from Michigan Avenue, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Art Institute, and trendy boutiques. Designed by the French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, our downtown Chicago Illinois hotel is a 32-floor prism of glass, boasting 415 rooms, including 33 luxurious suites. Embrace modern design and rich architectural legacy at this luxury hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Chicago Water Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Sofitel