“Great food and service”
Review of Cantina Laredo

Cantina Laredo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cantina Laredo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #205 of 9,832 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Saw all the positive reviews on trip advisor so I had to try this place. Great drinks and food, service was wonderful. Loved the guacamole that was made right at your table. Roberto did a great job. While it was pricey, it was worth the price. It was a great experience

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I had the Carnitas and the meat was so tender it fell off the bone. It was delicious to say the least. We also loved the salsa and guacamole. The surprising thing about this restaurant was how empty it was. We will definitely go back next time we are in town.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a very non mexican looking restaurant-very modern, light wood, modern and inviting.
We ate here twice, while on vacation in Chicago-perhaps more a testament to their Margaritas, than to their food.
The guacamole is prepared table-side and it was delicious.
I enjoyed the shrimp enchiladas, served with rice and my husband liked his shrimp, chicken and steak fajitas, served with rice, sour cream and rice.
We enjoyed our charming server, who clearly enjoyed his job.
Cute and fun,(the restaurant and the server).

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Fresh guacamole was very good-main entree was just ok. Had the tacos de pollo. Chicken was very dry and very spicy.
Great location and atmosphere.
Maybe worth another try but there are so many fantastic places to eat close by.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Wow. What can I say. Here is this new, modern, almost chic Modern Mexican restaurant plunked down into the heart of Chicago. We do like Mexican food -- my husband grew up in LA and nothing was more delicious than rice and beans tacos. Admittedly, we had high expectations, but nothing prepared us for the disappointment. First, the valet was over worked. We waited for 15 minutes for him to return to take the car -- there is no easy parking option except valet. And, it was just one guy on duty -- serving an enormous restaurant (which by the way was no that busy -- ominous sign).

We got to our table and the chips and salsa were good. It was a long wait to get a refill on the small salsa serving -- but it had flavor. I ordered the ceviche -- terrible, tough, tasteless. My husband ordered the "Avocado Tacos" after the waiter said that they were very good. They were TERRIBLE. They tasted a bit like paste. Terrible texture, no flavor. We didn't eat our food even though we came with a good appetite, and we will eat almost anything. We told the waiter not to recommend the tacos in the future -- he sort of waved off our comments with a "people have different tastes." I think people like some taste. Anyhow, I got a decaf to cleanse the palate. But, the decaf came out cold -- and I am certain it was really just regular coffee which gives me heart palpations. (I had asked to waiter to swear it was decaf -- which he did -- he probably had no idea.)

Overall, what seemed initially like an elegant take on Mexican food, turned into a cavernous cafeteria feeling place with terrible food. Avoid avoid avoid. Go anywhere else.