“upscale Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cantina Laredo

Cantina Laredo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cantina Laredo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #188 of 9,494 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Saluda, North Carolina
“upscale Mexican”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We went here for dinner one night. While my drink was way too strong for my taste, I loved the food! Although the $10 made-at-your-table guacamole was kind of a rip-off. It wasn't that great and the person making it was super unenthusiastic about it. I wish she had told us what she was adding to it, etc. I loved my chicken tacos though!

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
london
“Great Design. Fantastic Mural.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The place is spacious, modern ,open and well designed With a truly wonderful Mural of museum quality. They should have the artist's name on it. I have eaten there in the past and like the food.. Good and fresh and interesting.
This time I had a Margarita which was good, not great, and then a white Honey Sangria which was tasteless.
The bartender kindly changed it for a red Sangria which was delicious. The salsa and chips were excellent. Will eat there again soon.
It is a really lovely venue and in a great location with lots around including the red Line stop half a street away.

Visited May 2013
“Great mojitos”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

It was packed when we went but there is first come first serve seating upstairs, it's tapas only though. We were okay with that and sat at the bar. The bar tender was really busy, but met our next when we had them.
The chips and salsa were nice, but the mojitos were awesome. We tried all four of them (regular, strawberry, mango, pomegranate) not a bad one in the bunch! I would go back just for those.
As for the food the tapas menu is small. We tried the empanadas which were nice, light, with a great Verde sauce. The barbacoa tacos were just ok.
We walked away happy because of the mojitos, maybe next time we'll try downstairs with the full menu.

• Visited May 2013
“Killer margarita, great happy hour food!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stopped by here during happy hour for a drink and appetizers (which are 1/2 off during happy hour) during a visit to downtown Chicago. Although our drinks were relatively expensive at $12 and $13, they were exceptional and one was plenty enough! Great selection of non-standard appetizers that were fresh, tasty and filling and the great thing is that they were 1/2 off. You won't find grilled mozzarella sticks or Nachos here (yeah!). The two salsas that came with the complimentary chips (chips just OK) were outstanding. We sat at the bar; service was excellent even though the restaurant/bar was quite busy). The restaurant/bar itself has a great modern, chic yet comfortable decor. Our ceviche was fresh and flavorful. We only had two dishes and did not eat in the restaurant nor order off the dinner menu, Other reviewers have commented that the food was subpar, but from our limited experience with the appetizers, not so.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank SeattleBea
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Way below average”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I have to say this place is ok, I work in the area and most of the time I prefer going to chipotle. I have been here 3 times and every time there was an issue. I ordered steak and shrimp and got chicken and shrimp. Menu is very limited and drinks are overpriced.

Visited March 2013