“Cozy”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Cross street: Armitage
Transit: #8 Halsted Bus stops right in front of the restaurant at the corner of Halsted & Armitage. 5 minute walk East on Armitage from Brown Line Armitage stop. 10 minute walk from either Fullerton or North/Clybourn Red Line stops.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Near old home in Chicago. Had Chicken Liver Mousse..the sweet prunes gave it a breakfast jelly like taste and would have preferred a more sweetbread taste. Kurobuta Pork Cop good and even better next day...yes a lot of food. Zelda had the Organic Chicken (about a 1/2) and also joined me next day. Martini was weak/watery. Little girl Maple Leaf Duck L'Orange but liked the chicken sides better also shared next day. Desert OK. Calvados good. Service good. Small and cozy. Would return... maybe with fireplace going.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I were escaping Lollapalooza (we live right opposite its main venue) by exchanging apartments with our daughter, who lives in the land of fine dining, namely Lincoln Park. We decided to finally find out what "Rustic House" was. OK, it's a splurge restaurant. Fine wines, fine beers, fine everything. My husband opted for the $35 3-course prixe fixe menu; I did not because I wanted the tuna, which is not allowed on the prix fixe. He got the salmon, which he said was wonderful. My tuna was undercooked at first (I know, I know, tuna is SUPPOSED to be waay undercooked, but I had asked for medium rare instead of rare, as I don't like it cold in the middle. So I had to send it back which was irritating. But it came back quickly.
I had the corn chowder as a starter and my husband had the caesar's salad. Both were outstanding. We both got the creme brulee trio for dessert--also outstanding. We got beer instead of wine for the simple fact we like it. Luckily for us beer snobs, they did have high quality brews.
The only criticism I have is that it's too noisy for us. The young folk seemed to love the vibe. Oh, our server, Joshua, was perfection itself. Very good service here.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We ate here with family on a recent Friday night. My daughter was in a wheelchair following knee surgery and we called to make sure the table was wheelchair accessible. Not only was it accessible, we were told to come around to the back alley and we would be let in the back door which was much easier to maneuver. We were even told to just park it there for convenience. With that I didn't even care about the food, I was so overwhelmed by the graciousness of restaurant. But the food was absolutely outstanding as well. There was not one thing ordered that wasn't fabulous. It should be on the top of everyone's lists for outstanding food and service. Would absolutely come again and will recommend it to all our friends.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were a large party and they accommodated us easily. Cocktails were serious endeavors which we relished! Rotisserie Duck was a tad dry (get the chicken instead) but everything else was fabulous!

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Went there with friends. Thought its a bit pricy but the food and service was very good!
For starters- the octypus was good, the gnocchi was ok. For main course took the veal cheek dish wich was good. The chicken was excellent and so was the salmon.
For dessert-the chocolate pie was EXCELLENT!!! (Must have)