“The Disappointing Birthday Lunch!”

Michael Jordan's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Jordan's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 9,668 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Cross street: Illinois
Transit: Grand Red Line, Michigan Avenue Buses
Description: The Michael Jordan's Steak House experience is rooted in Michael's expectation of excellence. We, like Michael, strive to be outstanding in everything we do. Featuring hand-selected, Prime, dry-aged steaks, upscale comfort food and delicious seafood, Michael Jordan's Steak House is a classic American dining experience with an approachable sophistication that comes second to none.
Tampa
“The Disappointing Birthday Lunch!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Let's first start off I made reservations and what I had thought special arrangements for a Birthday surprise for my sons 30th birthday. I had requested a dessert to be brought out after our meal in our reservation. Once we arrived I spoke to the first server to come to the table to confirm this. The dessert never arrived? The service or lack there of was about 2 and I am being kind out of 10. They tell you seat yourself, then someone gives you one of three different menus. One on display, one that was given to us and the one the table next to us was given? With different items on each one. Then after 20 minutes of memorizing the menu you stop someone who works there to please take our order. Then after watching people who arrived at least 20 minutes after you did receive there food you find someone else to inquire about your order. Then about 20 minutes after that you receive your rare fillet that was supposed to be medium well and the rest of your order. The food was not good. These potato tots that are nine dollars should been thrown in garbage where mine I am sure where thrown when they were to gross to eat. My steak was burnt on outside and raw on the inside. My sons steak had mint all over it. The french fries looked and tasted like they where reheated from the night before. Two people and lunch was $150.00 and the food was not good. I would have complained but no one ever came to ask how our food was. I was very disgusted but I was trying to make the most of a very bad birthday lunch. Besides the name and If I were Michael I would take my name off that place, poorly managed, over priced, lousy food.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank shellyfTampa
Allison C, Manager at Michael Jordan's Steak House, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Shelly,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact me directly at mail@mjshchicago.com so that we can discuss further.

Warm Regards,

Allison at Michael Jordan's Steak House

• Korean first
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent steak, lackadaisical service...”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

High quality food, mostly delicious, but pricey: $4 for a strip of bacon? The room makes great use of the historic, art deco decor from its former life. The stairs (NO elevator for some of it...) make it a difficult journey for some. Waiter seemed to spend more time attending to larger tables spending lots of money.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kathyindenver
leawood, kansas
“Very good food, still overpriced, opportunity to improve several aspects”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Mix of new and old on menu. Very good...potato cakes with beef relish side dish excellent. Small filet very good but pricey. Ate in bar...host preferred two patrons not take up a dining table in dining room. Fair service....did not clean table between previous diners leaving and us sitting. Attention to detail!

• Visited March 2014
michigan
“Great fries!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I can't comment on the full menu as I only was at the bar. The bloody Mary was good and the French fries were very good. They came with three different dipping sauces all of which were good. A great place for a little break from shopping!

• Visited March 2014
Houston, Texas, United States
“Nice Restaurant!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I can't say a whole bunch about the restaurant itself as I sat in the bar area but I will say from the looks of the decor and furnishings, it's definitely on the nicer end! The food was ok, not spectacular, but they have a great ambiance and atmosphere at this place. I had many conversations with other patrons at the bar and it was sports talk! I would recommend this place for sports fans who like fine dining and don't mind opening the wallet a little bit!

• Visited December 2013

Been to Michael Jordan's Steak House? Share your experiences!