“Good food!!!”
Review of Nellie's

Nellie's
Reserve with OpenTable
Nellie's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,426 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Don't miss this great place where you can eat all day long healthy food.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We had 8 people in our party and went for Sunday brunch. The food was really good -- especially the avena de coco (coconut oatmeal). One person in our party went through the buffet and they have ready-to-order omelettes. Very good.

My only complaint is that we had to wait a very very long time to get our check because their computer was down. We were told the computer couldn't be fixed until Monday but I felt they should have had a backup -- an old fashioned calculator. Or -- used their cell phone calculators.

Service was really good too!

Reviewed October 27, 2011

I love Nellie's food and atmosphere any time, but Sunday morning is especially good and fun. There's a buffet which has a nice mix of Puerto Rican food (flan), and U.S.-food, such as oatmeal, fruit, pancakes, meat, etc. The chef will whip up an omlette to suit your taste. Lunches are also good and tasty. And the price is right!

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I went for the Sunday brunch, which I had already heard about from friends at work. Amazing, I found the place clean, the waitstaff attentive and the food GREAT. An all you can eat brich with a Puerto Rican flavor-with vegetarian friendly dishes, an amazing coconut oatmeal and made to order omelets for a very good price.

1  Thank Alejandro M
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I love the food; the breakfasts are so filling; sometimes I haven't eaten again all day. The food is healthy. The lunch is really good - salad, typical Puerto Rican food and specials. The Sunday brunch with the coconut oatmeal and endless other items is so good. And, it's all so reasonable! Sometimes I find Puerto Rican food, although delicious, is not too healthy since it's fried. Here, health conscious cooks ensure the food is good and healthy. A real find. I wish it was open for dinner.

Been to Nellie's? Share your experiences!