“View and more”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Description: This is the mezzanine bar outside their main restaurant, Sixteen, both in the Trump Hotel.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Too late for lunch, too early for dinner, the Terrace was the perfect solution opening at 2 p.m. This time of the year, the outdoor terrace was closed, but the inside sitting area still looked invitingly out over the same downtown area, with sightlines to the Lake and Navy Pier. Drink menus were on the table, but had to ask for a food menu and it took a while before our food order was taken. Prices are very upscale for the appetizers, burgers, pizza, salads, sandwiches, but very much in line with the location, so were not a surprise. Food was not exceptional, but portions were sufficient and tasted good. Waffle fries are included with burgers and sandwiches. Did enjoy one novelty cocktail to round out the experience. Guests were not rushed to leave and many sat just with drinks, enjoying the view and decor, until ready to leave. Sitting area is rather small, and getting a table was by chance. Was a good Chicago experience to have tried. Take a peek into the dining room of Sixteen's restaurant on your way out. Whole floor is beautiful.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

A VERY cool experience. View is fab. Waitresses were all beautiful but service was very slow. Drinks are super expensive ($12 for a beer) so if you are on a budget, you may want to just plan on having one round and then moving on like we did. Again, we didn't stay in the hotel, so my ratings are for the rooftop bar.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was my first trip to Chicago and the view from The Terrace is well worth the very expensive cocktails that we enjoyed. We did not order food. It was a beautiful, sunny day and the perfect place to take in the beautiful city. Despite the price, I'll be back when I visit Chicago.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had the prix fixe lunch at the Terrace, at an inside table. The food was delicious, the prix fixe price was very reasonable, and the champagne and view made the meal.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

It's hard to find a better roof top view in Chicago on a sunny day. However, with a small glass of wine and a skinny glass of beer at $16.00 each we drank slowly. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary so we were dressed casual. When I went on the chat site I was told semi formal business. Slacks and a shirt. One of the bellman took me up even though I had shorts and a tee shirt. I was out of place but was certainly comfortable. Service is what you would expect at Trump - top shelf. We left after paying our $65 bill for two beers and two glasses of wine. Tip was extra.