“Eric was fun and informative”

Weird Chicago Tours
Ranked #57 of 188 Tours in Chicago
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My group of four had a delightful evening riding around with Kevin and Eric. We stopped at cool, creepy places and heard a lot of scary stories! We paid $30 for our ticket and it was worth it!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

While my husband and I did enjoy the weird and haunted tour, we didn't feel it was weird enough. We wanted to SEE and WALK the weird. For example, we went to the Congress hotel to talk about H.H.Holmes, and a couple of weird rooms, but all we did was stay in the lobby. The guide was enthusiastic and informative. I think a "normal" person would have thought it was weird enough....but not us!!! We like dark!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband, our teen daughter and I took this tour last week and we all loved it. We had all read the book and our guide, Greg (a Second City alum), used all of his considerable talents to keep us all engaged, amused and enthralled throughout the 3 hour evening tour. Even if you have not read the book, your guide will fill you in on all the facts regarding serial killer H.H. Holmes and the1893 Colombian Exposition. It was fascinating to walk around what is left of the World's Fair grounds and buildings. Our tour took us from Jackson Park to the Stockyards (where we did smell bacon) to the site of Holmes' "Murder Castle." It was fascinating and very well done. Even though you are on a bus, you are outside for a half-hour walk, so if you are taking this tour in winter (as we did), be sure to bundle up. We all found this tour worthwhile. Our guide, Greg, was excellent -- very knowledgeable but never boring. And we learned other historical items about Chicago such as why the city flag has four stars on it. This tour did not disappoint -- three thumbs up!

6  Thank Alexandrasmom817
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Just got home from my first Weird Chicago Tour, Ghost Tour! I learned so much history about Chicago and felt it too! This city is full of stories and strange history, Weird Chicago Tours really makes you feel how eerie it really is. Visit notoriously famous sights and get to witness for yourself where events took place that still haunt Chicago to this day. Loved it!!

3  Thank Demetra M
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

After many other tours in Chicago and many other ghost tours in other cities(Boston, Savannah, San Diego, San Fransisco, New York, Charleston, ect) I was sorta expecting a good, if not great experience.

1- Driver kept getting lost
2- Traffic was horrible, I know it's not their fault but they should've expected it or been prepared for it. Not on THIS TOUR!
3- (13) people existed bus tour early due to being bored, and/or irritated with lack of excitement. I spoke to many of them.
4- We had a "trainee" helping our guide, Thank God for her as she saved what little could be saved. She seemed really good.

This was our last night in Chicago, and it ruined the experiences that we had been having through out the week. Everyone was nice but it was just horribly orchestrated and planned, learned nothing and saw hardly anything. Missed out on the first 15min due to late passengers that we waited on(which the site and email says they will NOT wait) and then an additional 30-45 min in unexpected traffic. Total of 45-60 minutes of wasted time. A real real disappointment.

I would be happy to talk with Managment, last name Bell, Friday night tour @ 7:00pm, party of 2 on Sept. 28.

2  Thank ShannonKristal