“Excellent Brisket, Service”

The Barn and Company
Reserve with OpenTable
The Barn and Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #994 of 9,548 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Description: Barn & Company redefines the all American smokehouse and BBQ shack, with interior elements like reclaimed barn wood walls, rusted tin ceilings, warehouse barn lighting, sleek cement countertops, large open kitchen, wood burning pit, big boy smoker and a wrap around courtyard for al fresco dining.
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Brisket, Service”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have visited The Barn twice since they opened about a month ago. The beef brisket is so tender you can cut it with an fork. The serice is very attentive. Loads of soft drink refils. Full bar. Nice atmosphere. Obvious managerial oversight trying to fine tune and improve. Will return. Like the four sauces "on the side".

• Visited September 2011

Peoria, IL
“TERRIBLE food....worst BBQ ever..sides horrible too...STAY AWAY”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My girlfriend & I had theater reservations down the street at the Apollo Theater & decided to go to the neighborhood early to find a resturant for dinner.  We walked past the Barn & Company.  It was crowded & smelled like BBQ so we decided to give it a try...Biggest mistake in dining I have made in years.  We were seated after a short wait.  Our waitress was effecient...no complaints overall about the service.The food on the otherhand was TERRIBLE, REALLY TERRIBLE.  I chose the pulled pork, at $10 with fries while my friend chose 1/2 rack of ribs with a side of mac & cheese.My pork was fatty with a large piece of fat & gristle and it was watery like it had been boiled.  There were 3 kinds of BBQ sauce on the table but as bad as the pork was, I didn't get to try them all. My fries were barley warm & tasteless.  My friends ribs were tough and we are still not sure if they were completely cooked.  Her $5 mac & cheese side was baked to the point of being dried out & tasteless. She said this was the worst meal she has ever tried to eat.  We travel often & eat BBQ around the country but have never had any this horrible....this is sad as their prices looked competitive until I tasted the food.  On top of the bad food my friend said the womens room "was a filthy mess"I review hotels often but rarely review resturants, but this was so bad I had to warn eveyone to stay away.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Peoriaguy1000
Chicago
“Tasty BBQ with nice atmosphere”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stopped in to The Barn on a Saturday afternoon. We had been to Grand Central, the bar that previously occupied the space, several times before as we live in the neighborhood. The Barn is a vast improvement. Love how the seating has been reconfigured and that the whole place feels light and airy compared to the darkness of Grand Central. We sat outside in the cute outdoor patio. We each had a 312, served in a little jelly jar with handle. Cute touch. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich and my husband got the brisket. The pulled pork sandwich was very good, and I loved the housemade BBQ sauce. My husband liked the brisket, I thought it was ok (I'm not a big fan of brisket in general). The service was very attentive, almost to a fault. The only real negative was that there was a very rowdy group of man-boys at a table near us on the outdoor patio who were being extremely loud. It was around 5pm on a Saturday and they must have been drinking since morning. I really liked the atmosphere at The Barn, the pulled pork was tasty, and we will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2011