“Bistro Milieu in Downtown Chicago”
Review of Paris Club Bistro & Bar - CLOSED

Paris Club Bistro & Bar
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Clark St.
Transit: Merchandise Mart Brown Line Grand Red Line
Description: Paris Club Bistro & Bar serves classic French cuisine in the heart of downtown Chicago. Plush leather booths, rich wood paneling and antique brass create an intimate dining room reminiscent of Paris' most iconic bistros. At the main bar, an extensive cocktail program offers timeless aperitifs and digestifs crafted with French ingredients. In the kitchen, Chef Partner Doug Psaltis has channeled the roots of his early career with Chef Alain Ducasse to create a menu of celebrated classics like Hand-cut Steak Tartare, French Onion Soup, Chateaubriand and Dover Sole Meuniere. It is time to rediscover Paris.
Grand Rapids, MI
“Bistro Milieu in Downtown Chicago”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We found this restaurant through our hotel's website of 'surrounding restaurants.' The menu was welcoming - lots of nouveau appetizers, eclectic salads, TONS of seafood, nice dessert menu. We didn't have the alcohol, but there wasn't a shortage. There was a wheeled champagne cart with 2 enormous bowls of champagne sitting in ice (about 5/bowl) that made quite the centerpiece where ever it was wheeled. The bread is authentic and delish. We had the brie for appetizer - nice presentation with walnuts in a small cast-iron dish. The Pommes Frites are to die for; comes with catsup/garlic aioli. I had the beet salad- and there were 3 kinds of beets along with walnuts, frisee, cheese- one of the nicest I've had (and I've eaten beet salads on my way across the world). The mussels appetizer is way more than enough for 3 people. We had a complimentary chocolate ganache torte for dessert- perfect filling, so-so crust. The waitstaff was tremendously efficient, our waitperson was sharp and friendly. With all the other choices in the area of Michigan/Halstead, I probably wound't go back, but glad had the opportunity to dine there once.

• Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
“Skip the Steak Frites”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a great time and really enjoyed the food. We started with the pretzel croissants, baked brie, and the poutine (frites with gravy, short ribs and cheese - outstanding!) Appetiezers were great! Unfortunately, my steak frites was so fatty, I had to send it back. The manager came over to apologize and offered to get me something else. By that time, I was full, so I politely declined. They did the right thing and took it off the bill. Our friends all had the sea bass, which they loved. My husband had the ravioli which was delicious. Overall a great meal, I was just disappointed that the steak was such poor quality. Not what I would have expected for French Bistro fare.

• Visited March 2013
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I love this restaurant. Every time I come here, I am so excited because there's nothing on the menu I won't eat. Their shareable plates are just delicious. I highly recommend the ham and Gruyere. The only dish I might skip is the French Onion soup (yes, in a french restaurant) because it's served as a shareable plate. I prefer the traditional giant crock soup.
The staff is knowledgeable and the evening crowd is energetic. The bar is also wonderful if you can't get a seat in the main dining area.

• Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Crowd is the best part”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great crowd and I like the restaurant a lot, but for me the food is only OK. I would return only for the general experience, but if you are a foodie look elsewhere. Not a fan of the wine list either and I am big in to french wine.

Visited June 2012
Kfar-Saba
“Fun, good vibe”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We set in the lounge area. nice atmosphere, good music. Had only drinks and did not go to the club itself.
Service was very friendly and good. It was nice to have few drinks after dinner.

• Visited February 2013