Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Spectacular Holiday Lights Tour

Dan McConnell is brilliant. This tour was first class!!!!! His tours are the BEST ever and this... read more

Reviewed January 11, 2020
Pam4880
Holiday Lights Tour

This was our first experience doing a tour with Dan, but we will definately be back. It was an... read more

Reviewed December 30, 2019
dianeo1971

Recommended experiences in and around Chicago
from $27.00
from $40.33
from $45.00
from $39.00
1,186 results
All reviews chicago history holiday lights tour trivia questions walking tour riverwalk tour great tour trivia contest highly recommend this tour his knowledge chicago river walk fun facts hour tour informative tour pedway information stories pace
Selected filters
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

Rick was our tour guide. He was awesome! The tour was great and very informative . Even my teenager was focused all the time.

Date of experience: August 2016
Dan O, Owner at Chicago's Finest Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Hi Margo, thank you so kindly for your terrific review. I am so happy to learn we met your expectations and I know Rick was so happy to read your kind words! We hope to see you again on another one of our tours! Take care.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

I went on Chicago's Finest Tours' Chicago History Tour Plus with my family. The tour consisted of 2 - 2.5 hours of walking down the river walk from the Wrigley building to the Union Station area where we got on a "Chicago Water Taxi" boat to go back in the other direction. The tour itself was very informative and interesting. The tour guide Rick had to talk very fast to get through all the information. Very hard work! He had good energy and enthusiasm. Our group took about 2.5 hours on the walking portion which may be a little longer than average because we got started a little late and the bathroom break in the middle went long. I'd say the whole thing front to end was about 3 hours including boat ride back, even though the tour itinerary states 2.5 hours. On the walking tour, Rick asked Chicago trivia questions with small prizes, and I won a t-shirt which was neat. The boat ride is a nice relaxing break from the walking and listening. Overall, good experience and I would recommend.

Date of experience: August 2016
Dan O, Owner at Chicago's Finest Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2016

Sam,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking your time to post your thoughts. I am so happy to learn you enjoyed the tour . We hope to see you again next time your back in town. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 7, 2016

My wife and I went on the Riverwalk History and Brunch tour. We were fortunate to have Rick as our tour guide. He was very knowledgeable and presented the information very well. The walk was not tiring and the brunch was excellent. We did cover a bit of a distance and enjoyed the whole experience.

Date of experience: August 2016
Dan O, Owner at Chicago's Finest Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2016

Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy to learn you enjoyed the brunch tour and Rick. He will be so pleased to see your review. Thank you again and we hope to see you again on another one of our tours.

Reviewed August 5, 2016

How lucky I was to find this tour company and Dan O'Connell using an Internet search as I planned family reunion activities for July 2016! On the front side, Dan was so easy to work with as we arranged for the size of the bus and the sites to see, focusing on the history of the city. Like most families we have some elderly family members and some with limited mobility so we needed a non-walking tour. Also, we were staying out in Oak Brook so we needed a tour that could pick us up at our hotel and let us off downtown for an afternoon of sightseeing on our own. Dan was very flexible and arranged for all of those needs and preferences. Over the course of our 3 hour tour we saw many sites and learned lots of fascinating information to go with them. Dan was easy to understand and made the effort to connect by eye contact and showed interest in all of our group - which maxed out the bus' 38 comfortable seats. And with the bus full, this made the price very reasonable per person. Finally, even at the end of the tour Dan was flexible as to our ending point(s) - which were 2 spots because of course like all families, not everyone wanted to eat in the same place. Thank you Dan - and also Juan our very pleasant and safe driver!

Date of experience: July 2016
Dan O, Owner at Chicago's Finest Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2016

Thank you Ginger for the wonderful review! You family was awesome! Enjoy the rest of the summer! Best, Dan

Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I did the History plus riverwalk tour. This tour was amazing. I learned so much about the history of Chicago on this tour. Our tour guide Rick was fantastic. Not only did he have the knoweldge but he also made the tour so enjoyable by giving us trivia questions and getting everyone invloved. This tour was definitely a highlight of my chicago trip and i would recommend this tour to anyone who is planning on visiting Chicago in the future.

Date of experience: August 2016
Dan O, Owner at Chicago's Finest Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2016

Thank you Jenny for your great review. You certainly made Rick's day and he thanks you also. We both hope to see you again on another one of our tours. Thank you.