“Chicago Pedway Tour”

Chicago's Finest Tours, Inc.
Book In Advance
More Info
$13.33*
and up
Chicago River Walk Tours
Ranked #7 of 171 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Chicago's Finest River Walk Tour is Chicago’s most dynamic and fun entertainment activity option! We offer our guests highly passionate and energy-packed activities ranging from River Walk Tours to Bus Tours. We distinguish ourselves by providing our guests captivating storytelling, keen visualizations and infectious enthusiasm! Our mission is to ensure each guest walks away with a smile on their face and better understanding of our amazing city!
McHenry, Illinois
“Chicago Pedway Tour”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was a great tour! RIck was awesome! He really knows his Chicago history. His sense of humor really added to the experience. In addition to all the great information Rick shared with us, the fun facts were a nice addition and the treats were nice too :) My friends and I are already planning our next Chicago tour for this spring. Thank you!

Kathy P.

Nc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Pedway Tour, Who knew?”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I grew up in Chicago but have not lived there for 26 years. Get back at least twice a year, but have never even heard of the Pedway. Met friends downtown for some fun last week and took the Pedway tour with Rick. What a delight. So much fun and so informative. Walked the Pedway while learning Chicago history and seeing some amazing buildings that I haven't seen in years. Rick made the history fun by adding trivia games and asking loads of questions. We had quite the lively group so the answers were also quite entertaining. I hadn't been in the old Library on Michigan Ave. since I was a kid. It is now the Chicago Cultural Center and absolutely beautiful. They were setting up for a wedding and it was just breathtaking. We also came up in Field's/Macy's. I forgot how gorgeous the ceilings were in there as well. Brought back wonderful memories of Christmas at Field's and lunch in the Walnut Room.
Highly recommend the tour....especially when it is miserable outside!

Chicago, Illinois
“Great tour on two separate occasions!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I just moved to Chicago and wanted to learn a bit more about the city! So I went on the Pedway Explorers tour with Rick and the Pedway Brunch tour with Dan. Both guides had unique styles, but what united them was their enthusiasm for and knowledge of all things Chicago! I have been on many walking tours throughout America and Europe, and an issue I often have is that you go to all these amazing places on the tour, but if you ever want to go back to any of the more obscure sites you saw, you have no idea how to get there. Chicago's Finest solves that problem by providing you a map to see where you are at all times (this is particularly helpful when underground, on the Pedway). They also provide little extra surprises throughout the tour - games, giveaways, treats - which really add to the fun and provide for a very engaging, entertaining experience! Highly recommended!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't miss this tour”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Not wanting to spend an evening walking around downtown Chicago in the freezing weather, we opted for taking the Pedway Pub Crawl. We have visited Chicago many times, but never knew the pedway existed. Our tour guide, Dan, increased our knowledge of Chicago's history, and the wide, wide world of sports by asking trivia questions and supplementing the answers with interesting
information about the city. We met some great people on the tour and even spent an extra hour at a bar with them after the tour ended. I don't write many reviews, but I had to write this one because this is one activity you don't one to miss, Chicago resident or not. We hope to take another tour
from this company the next time we get to town.

1 Thank Chiav5555
Chicago, Illinois
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Exploring Chicago's Down Under”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I'd worked in downtown Chicago for 15 years and, during that time, I'd used the underground pedway system, so I wasn't planning to learn a lot on this tour. Some visiting friends found information about this attraction online and wanted to give it a try. I decided to join them. And I'm glad I did. Turns out the pedway system consists of almost five miles of pathways. I was familiar with some of the three miles we walked during the tour but much of the terrain was new to me and it was pretty fascinating. Our guide was friendly and fun and made the walk a real adventure. We toured on a very frigid day but the walkways were fairly warm and most of us ended up carrying our coats during most of the tour. You'll learn a lot, laugh a lot and get some exercise. A perfect winter adventure.

Visited January 2014