“Holiday Lights and Historical Tour for a Special Event”

Chicago's Finest Tours
The Pedway and Loop History and Architecture Tour
Ranked #6 of 195 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chicago's Finest River Walk Tour is Chicago’s most dynamic and fun entertainment activity option! We offer our guests highly passionate and energy-packed activities ranging from River Walk Tours to Bus Tours. We distinguish ourselves by providing our guests captivating storytelling, keen visualizations and infectious enthusiasm! Our mission is to ensure each guest walks away with a smile on their face and better understanding of our amazing city!
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We asked Dan and his crew to do a Holiday Lights, Historic Tour of the City as a special event for our guests the evening before our wedding, at the Palmer House. We had thoroughly enjoyed his Holiday Lights Trolley Tour the year prior and when we were planning our wedding we wanted to have a unique optional event for our 50 guests and immediately thought of the tour. Every guest responded that wanted to attend, so we graduated from a Trolley to a Bus, so that we could all be together. Dan handled all the arrangements for a very comfortable bus complete with Christmas music playing.
The tour started in the lobby of the Palmer House and stopped at several landmarks throughout the city, with Dan and his team narrating historical and fun facts about each location. Everyone had a FANTASTIC time! He included a trivia contest with prizes which all ages competed for and loved. Dan is a very knowledgeable and gracious host and kept everyone involved; the age range was 9 – 80 years old. We highly recommend a tour with Dan – whether you live in Chicago or are visiting, you will have a BEST time!

All reviews
"river walk tour"
in 18 reviews
"fun trivia"
in 14 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 45 reviews
in 22 reviews
"great sense of humor"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently went on the Chicago History Tour through the Pedway. It was a great activity for a cold and snowy day. The guide was interesting and funny, and did a great job pacing the tour and keeping everyone engaged. He provided a lot of great historical information, but used stories and details that made it way more fun than sitting through a history lecture at school. I enjoyed learning about Chicago's history and how its development fit in with national/world events. It was neat to explore the Pedway system as well. There was not as much walking as I anticipated, and there were generally places to sit down along the way. I would do this tour again and would like to try some of the other tours offered by the same company.

1  Thank Mar B
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and I recently took the pedway history tour and we are from the Chicago land area. We found this tour to be full of interesting facts and new info about Chicago. Guide was great - nice mix of history and wit.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My friend and I loved the Pedway Lovers Tour. We live in the suburbs of Chicago and learnt a lot of new and interesting facts about this great city. Dan our tour guide (and owner) was extremely knowledgeable and passionate. He kept a great pace and the trivia game along the way added a fun competitive element to the tour. Highly recommend this tour to see a different perspective of Chicago.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently went on the Pedway Lovers tour with a friend and I thought it was great! Our tour guide was Dan, and he really knows his stuff. He made the tour engaging and very entertaining. I loved that the tour showed many Chicago buildings and also infused Chicago history. There was also an interesting related trivia game throughout the tour with a prize at the end, and my friend and I won, wohoo! It was very interesting walking the Chicago Pedway and learning about the history of the city. Some of the buildings on the tour were absoulutely beautiful. I am so happy we decided to go on this tour, and we got a great rate using a Groupon. This was the highlight of my Chicago trip.