“Best of Chicago” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Pedway and Loop History and Architecture Tour
Ranked #7 of 167 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chicago's Finest River Walk Tour is now Chicago's Finest Tours! We are Chicago’s most dynamic and fun entertainment activity option! We offer our guests highly passionate and energy-packed activities ranging from walking tours, bus tours and highly advanced scavenger hunts. We distinguish ourselves by providing our guests captivating storytelling, keen visualizations and infectious enthusiasm! Our mission is to ensure each guest walks away with a smile on their face and better understanding of our amazing city!
Homer Glen, Illinois
“Best of Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and I recently took the pedway history tour and we are from the Chicago land area. We found this tour to be full of interesting facts and new info about Chicago. Guide was great - nice mix of history and wit.

Chicago
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Pedway Lovers Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

My friend and I loved the Pedway Lovers Tour. We live in the suburbs of Chicago and learnt a lot of new and interesting facts about this great city. Dan our tour guide (and owner) was extremely knowledgeable and passionate. He kept a great pace and the trivia game along the way added a fun competitive element to the tour. Highly recommend this tour to see a different perspective of Chicago.

Visited November 2012
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently went on the Pedway Lovers tour with a friend and I thought it was great! Our tour guide was Dan, and he really knows his stuff. He made the tour engaging and very entertaining. I loved that the tour showed many Chicago buildings and also infused Chicago history. There was also an interesting related trivia game throughout the tour with a prize at the end, and my friend and I won, wohoo! It was very interesting walking the Chicago Pedway and learning about the history of the city. Some of the buildings on the tour were absoulutely beautiful. I am so happy we decided to go on this tour, and we got a great rate using a Groupon. This was the highlight of my Chicago trip.

Glen Ellyn, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Laugh and Learn - Best Tour of Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I took the Holiday Lights Tour on December 8th. We were looking for a festive Chicago holiday experience and we were not disappointed.

Our guide, Dan, was a combination history professor and stand-up comic. His level of knowledge and enthusiasm are unmatched. He goes to great lengths to engage his audience with trivia questions and contests throughout the 3 1/2 hour tour.

The tour began with a stroll through the Chicago Pedway System. Along the way, Dan regaled us with stories ranging from the genesis of the City of Chicago to the Great Chicago Fire. Stops at the beautiful Chicago Cultural Center and the Marshall Field's (Macy's) Walnut Room preceded the bus portion of the tour.

Once on the bus, we were provided with chocolates and beverages by Santa's helpers, Rick and Mike, and the lovely elf, Kelly. Between stops at the Palmer House, the Drake and the Christkindlmarket; the group engaged in a spirited holiday trivia contest.

As it says on their web site: "Levity is not a barrier to a great history tour". This is certainly a motto they live up to. We finished the tour feeling more educated about our great city while having been thoroughly entertained throughout the afternoon. Five Stars!!

1 Thank DonD73
Chicago, IL
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 185 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour of Underground Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We recently took this tour. For some reason I thought it would be two hours but it ended up being almost 3 1/2 hours. You meet the tour guide for this particular tour - Chicago History/Pedway tour, at 111 E. Wacker Dr. The address is clearly marked, just a little east of Michigan and Wacker. You meet across from Houlihan's. They offer other tours too, I believe. Our tour guide gave each couple/single a binder that had photos, maps, etc. that went along with the tour. We returned them at the end of the tour. This is a tour of the underground "pedway" system of chicago, a very thorough and enjoyable walk. You go outside for about a half a minute at one point. Along the way, our tour guide did a quiz on different things he spoke about to us. It was quite fun. I was the dummy most of the time. At the end he gave out 2 prizes. I won't reveal what they are so you can be surprised. It was eye opening to me to know that this extensive of a system existed. We also were in the Cultural Center, a real gem. Throughout the entire tour we learned the history of Chicago, from pre-historic times to after the Great Chicago Fire. It is worth the money.

Visited November 2012