“Pedway Chicago History Tour”

Chicago's Finest Tours
Book In Advance
Pedway Explorers Walking Tour
The Pedway and Loop History and Architecture Tour
Chicago History Indoor Walking Tour
Ranked #7 of 186 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Chicago's Finest River Walk Tour is Chicago’s most dynamic and fun entertainment activity option! We offer our guests highly passionate and energy-packed activities ranging from River Walk Tours to Bus Tours. We distinguish ourselves by providing our guests captivating storytelling, keen visualizations and infectious enthusiasm! Our mission is to ensure each guest walks away with a smile on their face and better understanding of our amazing city!
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I am a frequent visitor to Chicago, but learned so much on this tour. Rick, our tour leader was so knowledgeable, articulate, funny and entertaining you didn't realize the extent of the information he was sharing. You must be able to walk to take this tour and stand for sometimes lengthy periods of time. Rick showed us buildings I never knew existed. He was open to questions and frequently asked if anyone had any questions or comments. A binder was provided to each participant in order to help demonstrate the historical information being verbally provided. Said binders were returned at the end of the tour. The tour was great, and will take some of their other offerings on other visits to this great city.

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I was thrilled to finally learn about the history of Chicago from a knowledgable, organized and interesting tour guide. So much more interesting to walk around the city with stops where the story unfolds. Maps and historic photos were shared by giving all of us, a well organized portfolio. The highlight was sitting in the cultural center looking out the windows and seeing the city today as we learned the facts about the Chicago fire. The 2.5 hours flew by as we walked at a reasonable pace and had opportunities to sit and hear the narrative. I highly recommend this tour. Rick was a great guide.

1  Thank dor2427
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I will admit that I was skeptical about how entertaining and educational a pedway brunch tour could be. Dan really blew our minds with his artful and enthusiastic manner of presenting historic and architectural facts relevant to Chicago, and his clever ways of drawing us in and having us interact with him and the information he presented. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't experienced it! If you think you know about Chicago, this tour will make you think again! Plus, Dan introduces information through very interesting quizzes, with great prizes for the correct answers. He gets everyone very excited about learning, and we were all shouting out answers and having a great time. I would recommend this tour for future architects, historians, teachers, and for everyone of all ages who want to learn about Chicago while having a great time!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Chicagowalktour.com takes you on an amazing pedway tour of the city underground. Dan O'Connell our tour guide was excellent. I went on the pedway lovers tour on Friday morning with 20 other people. He started off by making teams for the trivia game he plays along the tour. I went by myself so this made it fun and I made a new friend. Dan is very knowledgeable about the history of the city and had some entertaining stories to tell. I would definitely recommend going on any of Dan's tours. Great way to learn about the city and meet people.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Dan our tour guide was excellent...very much fun. The brunch included with our tour was first class. I would highly recommend any of their tours.

Been to Chicago's Finest Tours? Share your experiences!