“Well-crafted Stories Make This a Great Tour”

Chicago's Finest Tours
Book In Advance
Pedway Explorers Walking Tour
The Pedway and Loop History and Architecture Tour
Chicago History Indoor Walking Tour
Ranked #7 of 186 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Chicago's Finest River Walk Tour is Chicago’s most dynamic and fun entertainment activity option! We offer our guests highly passionate and energy-packed activities ranging from River Walk Tours to Bus Tours. We distinguish ourselves by providing our guests captivating storytelling, keen visualizations and infectious enthusiasm! Our mission is to ensure each guest walks away with a smile on their face and better understanding of our amazing city!
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I'm a Chicago native and I took an out-of-town visitor on the River Walk Tour. We had a great time! What I loved about the tour guide (Dan) is that he told stories, which are so much easier for me to digest, appreciate, and remember than straight facts. We mostly stayed around the intersection of the river with Michigan Avenue and he crafted a 2 and a half hour presentation covering everything from DuSable and the Ft. Dearborn Massacre to the Chicago Fire and Walt Disney. Really, it was wonderful and NOT cheesy, which so many tours can be. I would definitely go on another one of their tours, with out-of-town visitors or not!

1  Thank hawkondamen

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This company offers several walking tours, we took the Chicago River Walk History Tour with a couple of out of town friends. By way of description, this is not an architectural tour, nor a sightseeing tour. Rather, its a "Cliff's Notes" version of our city's history, spanning 4 centuries, set along the Chicago River, compressed into 2.5 hours.

Our guide was engaging and kept things moving along, both literally and figuratively, along the Chicago Riverwalk, our gorgeous outdoor classroom. For anyone who is looking for something informative, rather than merely entertaining, this tour is for you. Welcome to our Chicago, but please learn something while you're here - and do it on this outstanding tour!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

we did the "River Walk History/Architectural Tour", and it was brilliant.
the day before I was on one of the boat trips on the river, and it left me with 1.000 facts about tall buildings, and bridges, so I felt I needed a little more background of the city.
The River Walk was perfect for that, it's not so much of a walking tour, you only walk round the area of Michigan bridge.
But you get a perfect understanding and introduction of the history of the city from the ice age up until present day.
Our guide was very knowledge and had a great sense of humour.
It was a small group so we had plenty of opportunity to ask lots of questions.

I would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had just a top-to-bottom wonderful experience with this tour. Rick and his team are well-versed in Chicago's history, and for someone who has lived here for 30+ years, I still learned plenty about my home town. The tour, which seemed long on paper, moved fluidly and effortlessly, and I could not believe how quickly this all went by.

I'd recommend this tour to anyone ages 18-108. You will learn a lot, have a great experience, and walk away even prouder to be part of the City of Big Shoulders.

1  Thank Beerden
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Visiting from Iowa and we are now Big Fans of Chicago thanks to our guide! We never knew history could be so fun, and he entertained us all through a great brunch just across from the river! It looked like rain, and our tour guide offered us umbrellas if needed - you don't see customer service like that very often! Great entertainment for a great price - our guide was worth the tip we gave him!

Been to Chicago's Finest Tours? Share your experiences!