“Ultimate in Luxury Hotels”

The Peninsula Chicago
Ranked #3 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Peninsula is amazing! I had a friend that was staying at the hotel over the weekend and invited me over to see the spa & pool which is on the 19th floor and truely unbelievable. Every staff member was polite and extremely helpful for whatever your needs were. The pool is incredible with breaktaking views of the city and it was the cleanest pool I have ever swam in, the whole experience was great! For the price you pay to stay at the Peninsula, you expect great service but I have to agree with other reviewers that we were treated like royalty (and i wasn't even a guest, just a visitor). If you can afford it, you have to stay at least one night and I promise you will not regret it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Peninsula_CH, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Nicole G,

Thank you for your kind comments of your recent visit with us. I am glad your friend invited you to come to The Peninsula Chicago and you were able to enjoy your swim and the gorgeous views of The Spa and pool.

Rather you are a hotel guest or a visitor of a guest, we pride ourselves on providing the best service to everyone and we are pleased you appreciated all of the courtesies that were shown to you. We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Peninsula Chicago

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed for three relaxing nights at this wonderful hotel. Ordered room service and soaked in the tub for hours every night. Service was wonderful. The only thing I thought was a little pricey was the parking at over $60 per night. Maybe that's the going rate now in major cities? Because we are Expedia Elite Plus members we also had complimentary breakfast. What a great bonus that was!
Oh, the best part was the bed. That was the most comfortable bed ever. I want to get one for our bedroom now.
And the location--steps away from Saks Fifth & Neiman, a dangerous combination for me.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear pelliengee,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on your recent stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our room service, the luxurious soaking tub and the convenience of getting to two of your favorite stores. I was especially pleased to hear you were delighted with our beds. If you would like to purchase one, please feel free to contact our gift shop and we would be happy to give you the contact information of the retailer.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We all look forward to your return visit, hopefully again soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed at the Peninsula a few weeks ago. Hotel room was roomy and comfortable. Loved the takeaway laundry bags and slippers! Our package included breakfast. We chose to eat at the cafe outside of the hotel. DELICIOUS!! A little casual french cafe with wonderful coffee, pastries and egg dishes - a great way to start the day! Service was superb! We requested an ice bucket the first night, and had ice waiting for us every evening thereafter. I'd recommend skipping the Chinese restaurant in the hotel. Pricey and not really very special. Location is easy to get to by train and is within walking distance to sight seeing, the Art Institute, the Bean and shopping!

A wonderful stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terry O
Peninsula_CH, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Terry O,

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience. I am pleased to hear you found our hotel convenient to Chicago’s popular attractions, sight-seeing and of course shopping! I am also glad to hear you enjoyed our spacious guestrooms and our Pierrot Gourmet, is a favorite of many of our guests. We hope we have the privilege of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just left one of best stays ever! Spent a weekend at the hotel with my daughter and twin grandchildren. They treated my grandchildren like royalty. The customer service, location, room and food was outstanding.
Will definitely stay again

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Kay12rtds
Peninsula_CH, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Kay12rtds,

Thank you for visiting The Peninsula Chicago and for taking the time to share your gracious review. We are pleased to learn that you, your daughter and grandchildren had a most grand and enjoyable experience.

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. We all look forward to your return visit again soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed at the Peninsula for one night as I was speaking at a conference at the hotel. This was my first time at this hotel and I couldn't have been happier with the service and amenities. The desk drawer full of a pen, highlight, stapler, etc. was ideal as a business traveler. The addition of the fax/printer in another drawer is a dream for a business traveler. The room was spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DCTraveler17

Dear DCTraveler17,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Peninsula Chicago and for taking the time to share your thoughtful review. We appreciate your kind comment on the comfortable bed, amenities and guest room details. We are honored to have your recommendation, thank you for the gracious remarks.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We just spend a weekend in Chicago and stayed at the Peninsula again. It continues to be the at the top of the heap for this city. We just had a base level room and it is large, with a great bath (separate tub and shower and private toilet), a vibrant bar and outstanding service. The bottles of water at the bedside each evening is better than a chocolate. We had delicious breakfast room service both days which was included in the price as part of the Virtuoso and Peninsula benefits our travel agent gets us. And dinner at the Shanghai Terrace was wonderful. I wouldn't think about staying anywhere else. The only negative is the close proximity to Northwestern Hospital, so there was regular siren noise as our room faced Michigan Avenue. But any hotel in this area would have the same. With the proximity to so many restaurants and shopping it was worth it.

Room Tip: Use a Virtuoso travel agent to get a room upgrade and free breakfast. If you can spring for a corne...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Peninsula_CH, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear drvalgemae,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula again for your weekend stay in Chicago and for the complimentary review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased that the accommodations, room service and Shanghai Terrace dinner with Virtuoso amenities met with your expectations. We are also happy to learn that even the occasional ambulance noise will not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back again when your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was told that this hotel was wonderful. My first experience with making reservations met with rude staff. We were locked out of room due to front staff errors. The concierge reserved our restaurant for the wrong date. With other centrally located hotels,this hotel would not be my first choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Yourfootdoc

Dear Yourfootdoc,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago and for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry to learn that you received a very negative impression of our property due to rudeness of reservations staff, non-functioning room keys and erroneous dinner reservation and want to extend my sincere apologies. We take your comments very seriously and I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you directly to learn more about your stay, in order to improve our service. I hope you will contact me directly at (1-312) 573 6520 or via e-mail at RichardSorensen@peninsula.com.

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to speaking with you.