The Peninsula Chicago
$211
$188
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$204
$89
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

$437
$205
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$215
$192
Hilton.com
$169
$118
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$189
$181
  • Room Service
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$126
$118
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$208
$189
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

$239
$229
  • Restaurant
The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$212
$158
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

1,677 results
All reviewsshanghai terracelobby restaurantpierrot gourmetfax machinechocolate buffetfour seasonsroom servicedressing areagummy bearsan executive suiteturn down servicemichigan avenuethe ritz carltonluxury hotelsteam roomwater towerstreet level
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great service from all almost every employee, but a little overpriced if you can't take advantage of discount rates. Wonderful lounge and cafe next door that is part of hotel.
Restaurant also tremendous but pricey. Workout facility is one of the best I've been to and valets were tremendous. All in all highly recommended if you can make it affordable with a discount.

1  Thank davew49
ThePeninsulaChicago, General Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Mr. Davew49,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Peninsula during your recent visit to Chicago. I was happy to learn you had a chance to take advantage of The Lobby and Pierrot Gourmet, as well as The Spa’s Fitness Center.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I and another couple stayed at the peninsula just for an overnight trip. The Hotel was excellent. The rooms were very large and very clean. The bathroom was amazing! The only complaint I would say would be the bed, it wasn't that comfortable and the pillows were down down pillows. But that is just my preference and opinion. The staff were great and helpful, but this was not our first time to Chicago. Great location! We went to The Capital Grille for dinner. The food was great and the service was top notch. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Jaxnewholland
ThePeninsulaChicago, General Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Jaxnewholland,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula during your recent visit to Chicago. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed many aspects of our hotel, including the spacious rooms and well-appointed bathrooms. I’m sorry you didn’t find our mattresses comfortable. We offer one brand of mattress, however several types of pillows are available that may provide additional relief and ensure your stay is as relaxing as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just spent four days at The Peninsula Hotel in Chicago. Some of the best service I have ever received while traveling. Very good restaurant on main lobby floor. Rooms were great. No view except another building out my window. Like many hotels they shut off the air in the middle of the night? Room got very hot!!

Room Tip: Pricing varies a lot...check around. Rooms were not cleaned until late in the afternoon. If you have early evening appointments check with house keeping first.!!!

Dear Mr. JerryTulsa,

I want to thank you for taking time to leave a review about your recent stay at The Peninsula. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your service while a guest at our hotel and that you had a chance to dine in The Lobby as well. I apologize your air turned off during the night; our Engineering Team can assist with this during your next stay, as it should not have turned off on its own.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Peninsula.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Over the past 10 years I have visited the Peninsula Chicago, mostly for business but a few times for pleasure. Our negotiated group are of $265.00 per night was a bargain for this high-end property (I agree with other reviewers' comments: that at the rack rate of $640.00 it would not be so attractive). The doormen, bell staff and housekeepers are attentive and solicitous without being intrusive (at Peninsulas in Asia the porters will literally grab your bags out of your hand and insist to bring them up to the room separately whether you want them to or not: must be a cultural difference). The breakfast and luncheon buffets set up for our group were outstanding: far, far superior to the typical hotel rubber chicken and desicated scrambled eggs. The gym and spa were wonderful, as always. It's hard for me to put my finger on it; but something is just a wee bit lacking compared to my previous experiences here. I have noticed this in several 5 star properties around the world of late: I think cost-cutting may be taking its toll.

1  Thank Orso52
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I called to cancel my hotel room a week and a half before I was scheduled to arrive. Despite this cancellation, our card was charged a $650 no show fee!!! When I called the hotel to investigate why this fee was charged, it seems that the cancellation did not happen and our reservation was apparently never even accessed. I can't imagine what happened but to have to pay such an exorbitant amount for a mistake that was the hotel's, is outrageous. The front desk manager was unable to resolve the situation but offered to allow us to pay only half of the total amount. Completely outrageous. If you do need to make or cancel a reservation at this location, GET IT IN WRITING and then call back to confirm! It was dumb of us to trust that things would be processed correctly and a costly mistake.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business