Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Ranked #38 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Commerce Twp.
“THE BEST!!!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stay here every Labor Day weekend. I have never, ever been treated so nicely by any company! Tim Moritz, the GM, is the consummate professional. He always takes great care of us. His staff is always so friendly and helpful in finding whatever one is looking for. See Jaqueia or Jamie. They are wonderful!!!! If I could have this experience in other areas of my life, living would be complete paradise!!!!

Room Tip: Their is nothing like the suite!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefanie K, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are proud of our professional, experienced, and friendly staff! At hotels, most of the time, it is the staff that make an experience positive or negative. We have acknowledged Tim, Jaqueia and Jamie of their superior service! We look forward to your next visit to the Fairfield.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Korean first
Iowa
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I booked this on marriott.com. One of the packages offered included valet parking. This was huge for us as we were driving in from out of town and anyone who's driven in Chicago knows how expensive parking is there! So, our room was a double and since it included the valet parking, it was a huge value, otherwise it would just be average for any other room in Chicago probably.

The place has a great location. Less than a mile to Navy Pier. This was the first time we've ever been to the Pier because we never wanted to pay for parking to go there!

When booking online, I was asked a couple of preferences. I requested a room on a higher floor and a rollaway bed. Well, there are 13 or 15 floors in this hotel. Our room was on the 2nd floor. Hmmm. Right across from the elevator. Double hmmm. And I had to ask for the rollaway bed. Triple hmmmm. What is the point of asking those things on the website if they aren't honored? It was nearly 11pm and I was too tired to even go back down and bring it up. We only stayed one night.

On the positive side, the room was RIGHT next to a huge AC unit or something on a roof. That was like a natural white noise maker and drowned out any other noises we may have even heard!

Breakfast was pretty good. We were happy it was free and included. It satisfied our needs for sure.

The room was clean enough. The towels and linens clean and in excellent condition.

This is just a few blocks from Mag Mile too. Excellent location.

I would be interested in trying the Fairfield Inn & Suites/Chicago Downtown River North

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CinnaPatty
Thank you for your comments and expressing your frustration. When guests have preferences on their reservation, we do our best to accommodate. Unfortunately, we aren't able to accommodate all requests. All our doubles are located across the hall from the elevators and our singles are located further down the hall, which may not be ideal for some guests. Our roll-a-ways are on a first come, first serve basis, so sometimes we might not have one available the first night, but usually the second night we can make one available. On a positive note, our roll-a-ways are free, unlike other hotels. We really do wish we were able to satisfy all your requests and wished you had brought this to our attention when you stayed with us. The more knowledge we know, the more we are able to make your stay better. We truly hope you stay with us again in the future. Feel free to call the hotel directly the day of your arrival in the future to confirm all preferences. This will better ensure that we meet your needs timely.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great location downtown, inexpensive compared to comparable hotels, clean, updated, and extremely helpful staff -- made arrangements for airport shuttle and stored our luggage long after checkout. Complimentary breakfast menu is extensive. Early in our visit, we mentioned a service problem only to be surprised with 1000 Marriott miles added to our account AND a bag of Garrett popcorn and lovely apology from house services. Will definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there the next time we visit Chicago.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We appreciate your acknowledgement of our helpful and sincere staff. We apologize for the inconvenience the service issue may have caused but we hope the small gesture shows our appreciation for your business. We hope you stay with us again.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was recently in Chicago for a national healthcare conference at another hotel on the Miracle Mile. I preferred to stay at the Fairfield Inn due to the location and due to my prior experiences with Fairfield Inns -- this one did not disappoint. I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet the rooms were. The staff was courteous and professional and helped when needed. The rooms, as expected, were pristine. For its prime location, the rate was a great value. I enjoyed my experience there and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stefanie K, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. You are right, we are located in a prime location, close to over 20 restaurants within a 3 block radius, 1 block from Michigan Avenue, and a 10-15 minute taxi ride to McCormick Place Convention Center. Please think of us in the future when traveling to Chicago for business or pleasure.
Bronx, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2013

So I went to Chicago with my best friends for my 30th Birthday and we stayed here. I love the abidance of the Hotel. The main lobby is so hip and trendy. Our actual rooms were nice and exactly what the pictures shows. It was cleaned daily. The perks of the hotel was that they serve free breakfast and I am not talking about continental either..real breakfast eggs sausages a wide variety of choices to fit everyone taste. I really like that the location as well I didnt have to take a cab we walked to our destination like Navy Pier Millennium Park and various social clubs. I really enjoyed myself will definitely come back to Chicago and visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Janet A, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Hello NevadaH_13,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am glad that you were able to enjoy your birthday getaway at our wonderful home and city. I will surely share your comment with our housekeeping staff. They do a great job and make their work seem effortlessly.

I am glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast and location. I hope we get a chance to have you again in our wonderful hotel and city.

Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The color scheme is odd and not what I'm used to for marriott but beds are comfy and had no issues...got a good deal from hotels.com. Don't expect large rooms but if you're out sightseeing all day who needs a big room. Very close to michigan ave and trader joes...plus pei wei across the street!

• Stayed September 2013
Hello Kuaimeili,

Thank you for your candid comments of our hotel. As the Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites flagship Chicago hotel, we do get the opportunity to set our property apart from the rest. I am glad that you were able to find that same comfort our brand provides. I am great you were able to enjoy our wonderful city and the wonderful food selections within walking distance of our hotel.

Hope we get to see you soon,

Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a great stay. The location is really great, so convenient to Navy Pier, Michigan Avenue, Watertower Place, you name it. They offer valet parking (which was lovely, so friendly and helpful) but there is a parking garage less than half a block away, so self park! Every person we came into contact with was really friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, and while it wasn't luxurious, everything was nice, and worked, with lots of light and space. The beds were so comfortable. It was such a pleasure to stay here, we will definately do it again.

Room Tip: Honestly, we had a room right across from the elevator, and I was concerned. But there was no noise...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello Patti E,

Thank you so much for your comment. I am happy you were able to find a great value in our hotel during your trip into the city. Not to brag BUT we are in a great location with great proximiyt to all the areas you mentioned and more! We might not be a fancy hotel as you mentioned but we have a staff that provides awesome service. I will make sure to send your comments to all the departments and congratulate them for an excellent job. I suggest on your next trip, opt for our self park option for $38 per night.

It was a pleasure having you here and we will look forward to seeing you soon!