“Decent food at Old Town neighborhood bar”

Corcoran's Grill and Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Corcoran's Grill and Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,096 of 9,544 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Pub
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Decent food at Old Town neighborhood bar”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This used to be the "Last Act", named so since it's across the street from Second City. A lot of the actors go there after work. It has now become an Irish bar, cleaned up and remodeled a bit too much, but retains the booths that make it feel different than some places. Decent bar food, friendly staff, and great location just north of North Avenue on Wells. Neighborhood clientelle.

Visited June 2012

Orlando, Florida
“Great place to dine with friends before seeing Second City show!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This quaint pub was everything I hoped for from the descriptions from other reviewers. Great selection of bears on tap and authentic Shepard's pie! If you like Mac-n-cheese, this is the place to get it because you can literally "build your own Mac-n-cheese" with anything you want on it or in it. You've got to try it!

• Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“AMAZING bar”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Super fun bar! Great menu, great specials. Nice outdoor space. Great room in the back that can be rented out for private occasions.

Visited September 2012
Franklin, NC
“Delicious Food but Terrible Service”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stopped in at Corcoran's after a show. The food was fantastic! I just hate that our experience was tainted by terrible service. After waiting tables for 10 years, I'm a sensitive diner that tried my best to consider the work load and requirements of serving. i don't demand personality, but efficiency is part of the job. In this case, we got neither. Needing drinks were clearly an inconvenience.

On the bright side, food was great! Macaroni was delicious and my burger was to die for! If we lived in Chicago, we would try the Pub one more time to test the waters on service. If the service was still poor, I'd say find somewhere else to eat. Food was great, but there are a lot of great places in Chicago!

• Visited August 2012
midwest
“Great!”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is a great Pub! It has always been a regular hangout for Second City students. As you walk in it is very loud in the bar area so be warned. I actually brought my kids 12 and 9 for an early dinner (my second visit since it became Corcoran's) and after about 5 minutes you get pretty used to the noise. The food is much better than the previous owner. It is not fine dining but, very good pub food. The back patio area is wonderful and much quieter than the main pub. We stayed in the main pub this visit but, I have dined in the patio area and enjoyed it. The waitress we had was wonderful. She was very friendly and quite accommodating to my kids (they do have a kids menu by the way). However, this is definitely a Pub so people are drinking and if you bring your kids expect that it will be loud and drinkers will be using foul language. Nothing my kids have not heard before. It was a bit of a curiosity for them. The owner is a super great guy.

• Visited April 2012