“A great location, great view!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile
Ranked #76 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Lewistown, Illinois
“A great location, great view!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here with my young daughter for an overnight Saturday stay. The location is wonderful and we walked everywhere we went (Millenium Park, Michigan Avenue). We were able to keep our bags with the bellmen since we arrived there early on the train and we were leaving late. The manager's reception was good with an array of snacks, however it's getting to the point where I avoid them because of the long lines (maybe this is only in the big cities). We skipped breakfast as we slept in. The room had a gorgeous view of the city along with a slice of lake (floor 11). It was also clean and comfortable. I've stayed at both Embassies in the city and I think this is my favorite one!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Turkish first
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We decided to stay here because our adult son was traveling with us and we wanted a suite. We were really pleased with the staff and the hotel. We enjoyed both the free breakfast and the evening happy hour but try to go at a slightly off time unless you like mob scene!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank IowaWoman01
Bloomington IL
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place is right in the middle of downtown and has an incredible view of the lake. My room was pretty spacious and mint clean. And the best part was the ready to cook breakfast. Nice omlettes made fresh to customize your needs and a wonderful continental breakfast too. The only reason why I did not give 5 stars to this property was because there was too much crowd at the breakfast and also at the check in line. They should perhaps hire more people to deal with the bigger crowd. Otherwise,a great stay and a wonderful vacation property.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
West Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We are travelling in Chicago several days ago and I really like the location of this hotel. It's in the downtown Chicago and the transportation is very convenient. Good location for travelling in Chicago.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 8, 2013

When I was seeking for hotel ideas for Chicago travel, I got multiple people recommended Embassy Suite to me. Since the downtown location was sold out for one day of our stay, we opted to go with the lakefront one instead. It turned out to be an excellent choice (I'm sure downtown one is good too) -- the location is very convenient, and we definitely enjoyed the morning breakfast and afternoon happy hour. What I like the most was the nice 2 room suite which offers great flexibility when travel with family. Looking down the courtyard from 16th floor wasn't my favorite thing to do, while I'm getting way better at the end of the trip. So does the elevator which offers great downtown view, but may scare people initially too.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Usually like to stay at hotels that are a little more unique, but my conference was here, so ...

The hotel touts its free breakfast and free afternoon happy hour. Both are okay, as far as they go, but the low bar is would I pay for the product if i was charged. The answer is, no. Breakfast is a tasteless affair that might feed the stomach, but definitely not the soul - for this I highly recommend Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe near Millenium Park.

The rooms were spacious and functional. If you have to work, the separate TV / office space is fantastic. The hotel is also centrally spacious. We were able to walk most places we wanted to go.

All in all, a decent hotel - and in Chicago do you really need more. You are not going to stay in situ.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Nice hotel and nice staff. It is very clean however the furniture is a bit old. the food is decent and the lobby looks very nice. The purpose of my trip was business and I spent most of the time in the hotel's meeting rooms which was a very good experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business