Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile
Free cancellation until 06/02
$627
$519
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/01
$399
  • Breakfast included
$880
$675
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$787
$607
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
Hotwire.com
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$515
getaroom.com
  • Bar/Lounge
3,424 results
All reviewsevening receptionnavy piermade to order breakfastsky lobbygreat locationmanagers receptionwhole foodsfree breakfastlong linecocktail hourliving roomstreet levelpull out couchself parkmagnificent milemichigan avecorner suite
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room was a great size for 3 ladies sharing the suite - had a separate sink in the bedroom - big plus. Daytime Concierge was great - extremely helpful. The room was not as clean as we would have liked (paint on the bathroom floor - vent in bathroom was dirty and there was stuff on the carpeting from previous tenants) and there were not enough wash cloths or cups for more than 2 people. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub but the third day the pool was cool and so was the hot tub. Also - too many kids in the hot tub!

We loved the breakfast buffet and the Happy Hour drinks were good but not the snacks. I would stay there again but hopefully get better cleaning service in the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Totally recommend this hotel! The suites were a great value, perfect space for our family of 5. Kid friendly...helpful staff. The bellman staff were beyond helpful! The breakfast buffet was phenomenal.... Just can't say enough good about our experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Rodney B
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had an overnight stay at this Embassy Suites on a Thursday night. Check-in was quick and there was a short wait for one of the elevators. There are four elevators and they move quickly. The suite was clean and spacious. There is a room with a seating area, dining area, and TV. There is a bathroom and a bedroom. There is a microwave, sink , and refrigerator in the hallway between the living room and the bedroom.

I arrived about 30 minutes prior to the end of the Manager's Reception. I stood in line a long time. There is a full bar and you can order wine, beer, or cocktails.

Breakfast is complimentary. There was a very long line and the eating area was packed. I read that it is best to go very early in the morning. I arrived around 9am and it was a terrible mistake. There is an omelet station with one person taking the order and preparing the ingredients. The other person cooked the omelets. There was a large variety of foods and drinks.

This hotel was full of families with children. I do not know if it is this way year round or just in the summer. At times, there was noise in the hallways and lobby due to children. If this might annoy you, you might want to choose another hotel in the summer. The hotel is in a good location. You can walk or take public transportation to many sights.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank rngonetraveling
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Embassy Suites Downtown Lakefront while attending a conference at McCormick Place. We are Hilton Honors members and Embassy Suites is our favorite. You can't beat the value with the suite, manager's reception and complimentary breakfast. We liked the sangria!

The last time we were here for this conference we stayed at the other Embassy Suites. As far as the hotels themselves, I don't have a preference, but as far as the location...I like this one better. It is closer to Navy Pier (although there is a trolley to ride on) and Miracle Mile. Our room was on the 12th floor and was much quieter than the other Embassy but we may have stayed on a lower floor at the other location. There is a little oddity here...the lobby is on the 5th floor!

Our room was nice and roomy as most Embassy rooms are. However, we did not get a good view of the lake. We did get a small view of the lake though. We mostly had a view of construction of another hotel being built across the street. Although my husband was impressed with how much work they did on it while we were there!

The only negative thing with Embassy is the $14.95 per day, per device charge for WiFi. I think it is a bit steep compared to other hotels... at least make it for multiple devices!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake. The sun rises in that direction and you could get some good pictures!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Had a meeting at nearby Hilton, which was booked.
Desk staff very efficient, called over to bar so that I could get manager's reception drink even though I was late. Room as expected... Clean, nice sitting and work area.
Can't comment on breakfast, had to go to early meeting.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business