“If location and amenities are your goal, this is a great place.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile
Ranked #90 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was in Chicago on a business trip, so only spent a little time in the room, but it was a nice time. The suite is 2 bedroom with microwave and mini fridge. My room had two double beds (not the king as in the confirmation. I also had to go back to the desk to get the room rate corrected to the price in the confirmation which is why 4 out of 5 stars).

Location is downtown, 2 blocks from the river and the Gleacher Center (my destination) so I walked to my events.

Hotel has a really good free breakfast; cereals, pancakes, fruits, hot buffet foods or made to order eggs or omelets, The made to order breakfast line moves pretty quickly, but with one cook, timing is important and my omelet got dried out, but she had an awful lot to do in a very short time.

I didn't get to use/enjoy:
Evening reception-basically happy hour, food discounts, drink discounts.
Pool. Saw one pool near the buffet area, don't know if that was it or if there were

If I go to the business event next year, I will go back to this Embassy Suites. It is prefect for my needs.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite hotel desk have lake view. Other rooms have city view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,361)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great rooms, friendly staff! Complimentary evening reception and made to order breakfast was great! The location was perfect near Michigan Ave shopping and tourist attractions! Definitely recommend this hotel for anyone stating in the downtown Chicago area!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Maria A
Reviewed June 8, 2013

No problems. Great location, wonderful staff, awesome breakfast, and the nightly reception with free drinks and munchies was an unexpected bonus. Agree with earlier comments about the atrium causing some noise and the bar does draw a crowd. With the room in the back it did not keep us awake. Pool open until midnight was nice! Views on the lakeside were great!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristie T
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here May 27th-31st 2013. Awesome!!!! First time here didn't expect a complete full breakfast included!! Managers Reception was a bonus also! Good people watching time. Dominicks across the street has everything you might need and friendly cashiers that will answer questions about the area. Nice walk to Navy Pier. Teenage daughters able to walk to awesome shopping!! Going back soon! Thank You to the awesome staff!!

Room Tip: We chose premium suite top floor I believe they call it. Lots of extras. Just use your access card t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lori j
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Well worth it. Location is in between the navy pier and the mile (shopping galore). Rooms are clean and the breakfast is awesome. The only issue is the high cost of the wi-fi (unless you are gold member). Wonderful place for families and business.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank robtho
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have stayed at this Embassy Suites Hotel several times for an annual meeting. In the past it has been clean. Not this time. My room (537) was a disappointment. First, I should have known something was wrong when I get to my room and I noticed the door is open. Second, there was a funky smell - possibly cigarette smoke? Third, the cleaning staff knew the room smelled because before I could call the front desk to inquire about the funk, someone came to my room with Febreze. Last, my legs are covered with more than 14 bug bites, which very well look like the work of bed bugs (love the internet!). I have nothing against Embassy Suites, but I have to think I will avoid this particular hotel on my next stay in Chicago.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bill S
GM_CHIRE, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Guest -

On behalf of the management and staff of our hotel, I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to learn that your experience with us lacked what you typically expect from us and that your room had an odor and generally fell short of your expectations. I am not sure why the guestroom door was ajar when you arrived at your room. I would highly recommend to all our guests that they do not check into a room that has an open door. I would recommend to our guests to call the front desk and ask to be changed to another room.

I am also very alarmed to hear of your remarks about the "bug bites" you indicate you suffered at our hotel during your recent stay. While we have read of some sort of a "bed bug" problem at hotels across the country especially in major metropolitan cities, I want to assure you that we do NOT have this problem at our hotel. We have extremely stringent standards in place to ensure that we keep our rooms completely sanitized and bug-free. In any event, we sincerely apologize for the bug bites you indicate you experienced while staying with us.

With that said, please be assured that we have taken your feedback into consideration to improve our product and service delivery.

Thank you again for your review and we sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back so you may enjoy a more favorable stay as you have done in the past.

Syed E. Hasan

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a 3-star hotel in a good, central location in Chicago. The rooms are suites, which makes it nice for families. However, as a solo business traveler, I had a huge living area but a cramped bedroom. It would have been much nicer the other way around. It is also one of those hotels where most rooms face an atrium which can be quite loud. I was lucky to be given a corner room tucked away from the atrium so I suggest you request one of those if you like quiet. Bsthroom needs an upgrade. ameniyies are from Evelyn & Crabtree, and were ok. The hotel offers a "manager reception" every late pm, with free drinks, including beer and wine, and some simple munchies; that was a nice touch. Had a poor experience with room service. Took me a while to get someone to pick up the phone. The operator kept telling me they were busy but someone would call me back right away, which didn't happen until my 3rd follow up call, when the operator got snappy and unprofessional. When I finally got through to order a simple salad and a plate of fruit, I was informed it would take 30-45 min. The person who took the order also had an unprofessional attitude, which prompted me to speak with the manager on duty. She was very good at handling the situation, did not charge me, and my food arrived within 15 min. However, the taste and quality were disappointing and not worth the headache I went through.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank PatoColumbus

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We take a great deal of pride in meeting our customer’s expectations and are disappointed anytime we fall short of that goal. Your input and concerns are appreciated.

I am extremely concerned to hear of your poor experience with our room service and the operator of the hotel. This is absolutely not acceptable and is not in line with our high Hilton Brand standards. I assure you that we have addressed this issue with the management team as well as our HR. It is quite evident that we need to spend more time in the training room with our hotel operators as well as our room service staff.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We value your business and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. Your valued input helps us become better operators and hoteliers.

Warm regards and safe travels,

Syed E. Hasan