Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile
Ranked #90 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Beautiful hotel! Able to walk to MANY locations, including Navy Pier which is extremely close to the hotel. The breakfast was phenomenal, many choices including a buffet, made-to-order items from the grill, pastries, and cereal. There is a very large lobby and breakfast/cocktail area so seating is not an issue. They have happy hour every night from 5:30-7:30 that includes free drinks and appetizers. The line for the bar can be a little long at times, but the drinks are free! Staff was very friendly and welcoming. Our room was very nice with a beautiful view of the city. Didn't swim in the pool, but it was definitely small for the size of the hotel; however, the hot tub did look decently sized. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,358)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Excellent, contemporary hotel. Room was very comfortable and well-appointed. Good choices for breakfast & manager's evening reception. the room was nice size and had a very comfortable bed. city views were incredible and it's in a great location.

the bedroom walls were a little thin, in that we heard our neighbor get up in the morning. other than that, we loved it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed at this Embassy Suites for a 3 day get away the first week in March. Staff was very welcoming. Front Desk Agent (Thomas) was very helpful in allowing us to check-in early. Room was clean and very comfortable. As usual, breakfast and the managers reception are a nice touch. I have nothing negative to say about this property. All staff were very nice to interact with.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank arummler
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is so much fun! I met my Mom and 3 sisters here for our Mother's Birthday party. It was the perfect place to meet up. The evening reception was amazing, with the staff making sure every guest had a good time. We walked to Navy Pier one day and the next day to The Hancock Building. The suites were large with more than enough room. The breakfast buffet was high quality. The views of Lake Michigan from this hotel are beautiful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joy W
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I recently spent an extended stay at Embassy Suites Downtown Lakefront for business. Although most evenings were spent exploring the city, there were a couple occasions when I found myself at the hotel bar. Elizabeth (don't know her last name) was the bar tender. The first night at the bar, Elizabeth impressed me with her customer service. It seemed as if she had her hands full, but that didn't stop her from attending to my thirst. My requested drink was spot on and so was her personality.

A few days later I found myself again at bar side grabbing a quick drink before heading out into snowy Chicago to explore. Despite how many people she serves, Elizabeth remembered my very specific drink of choice and started preparing before I could get the words out of my mouth. That impressed me! She also suggested many places to check out on my journey, including the Museum of Contemporary Art. She knew the area and that made me feel more comfortable. Hats off to you, Elizabeth!

Overall, the hotel was a great experience. Friendly staff, clean rooms and conveniently located to places deserving exploration. Next time I find myself in Chicago, I will definitely stop at the bar. My hope is that I pick a night when Elizabeth is working.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Christian M
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great Hotel!!! It's well worth the money with the Managers cocktail evening and the breakfast. Breakfast was more then we expected. Very clean and very friendly staff. location was great for walking to see area attractions! Would definatley be staying there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank turnera95
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This was definitely one of the best value I came across during my recent three weeks stay in the US. The hotel is well located in downtown Chicago, just one block from the beautiful Michigan Ave. The rooms was spacious with comfortable beds, equipped with a mini fridge and microwave- great if you are staying for a few days and want to avoid going out into the freezing wind sometimes. Our room was facing the lake, although not a full 180 degree view- it was sufficient to see the sunrise from the lake each morning. It was gorgeous.

The buffet breakfast was plentiful and excellent. Service was excellent overall and all the staff were cheerful and helpful during the six days that I stayed there.

My only recommendation would be to have more plates and utensils during breakfast and avoid foam cups and plastic forks.

• Stayed: February 2013