“Nice hotel in a great location.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile
Ranked #74 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel in a great location.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed here for one night and both my wife and I were pleased overall. The price was excellent at only $99 for the night and included the pretty good breakfast with custom made omlets. Place was bright and clean with no obvious rundown/shabby spots. Our room was very spacious with a separate living room and the bedroom had a nice king sized bed. Small fridge and a microwave are also in the room. Only negative is the price of parking but oh well it's pricey everywhere downtown. At least once you are parked you have Michigan ave a few blocks away as well as Navy Pier a couple blocks east, so no reason to use your car.

They have an indoor pool which is average as well as a hot tub and a small workout room with a few treadmills, ellipticals and dumbbells up to #50.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Turkish first
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here the long weekend in July 2011 for a huge bachelorette party. Stayed for 3 nights. For what we needed, this hotel was awesome. We booked 4 rooms for 13 girls. I personally did not make the reservation or check-in, but the member of our party responsible for this did encounter a problem upon check-in that one of our rooms had been missed in the reservation and we now only had 3 rooms instead of 4. The staff said they were sold out and could not accommodate the extra room for us, but they did refund us each $72. We didn't spend a LOT of time in the rooms anyways so this wasn't a huge deal, just a pain in the neck. Rooms were very clean, fair amount of space (hard to have extra space with 4 girls in a room though!), no issues with housekeeping. We stayed on the third floor and were placed in 3 rooms that were all next to each other, which was nice to keep our party together.

The free breakfast was really good, but GO EARLY. HUGE lines, long wait. Lots of seating space or you can take the food back to your room. There is also a complimentary manager's cocktail hour that took place from 5-7pm and was great with a free drink and appetizers/hors d'oeuvres. The hotel is very close to a bunch of restaurants and sites; we were a 10 minute walk or short cab ride from all sorts of attractions. 10 minute walk or 3 minute cab to the Navy Pier. The city was packed for the 4th of July weekend so we really got to see the city in it's peak. We were also a close walk to Millenium Park, the Bean, etc.

Overall, I'd stay at this hotel again. Because we were in and out so much, we didn't really get to see how great the service was overall but we didn't have any problems after the initial check in issue. We got a great rate as we booked as a large group so for the price this hotel was awesome for what we needed. Beautiful pool and fitness facility also. I'm going to Chicago in May for a wedding and will be looking into the cost of this hotel for sure to stay there that weekend.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor; breakfast and manager's reception can get very noisy.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed in this wonderful Embassy Suites back in December. Upon check in I realized that I had made a mistake on my reservation and the wonderful front desk helped my friends and I out and we were able to stay for the full length of our trip. The room itself was immaculate! Very comfortable beds and pillows. The managers reception itself was great, a little crowded by it was the end of the week/weekend so I cant fault them. Overall, a awesome hotel, within walking distance to alot of landmarks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Let me begin by saying I always give places the benefit of the doubt and I am not hard to please, but I had a hard time deciding between a poor and average rating. We like to stay at Embassy Suites for the Happy Hours and the breakfasts, which this hotel did have. The downside of this hotel was the fact that it was very busy. The line for Happy Hour was always at least 40 people deep. The lines for breakfast were even worse. There were several tables in the dining area, but they were always packed. My husband and I ended up taking our food to our room to avoid the crowds. In addition to city visitors, the hotel was packed with several middle school birthday parties. The gaggles of girls and their mothers would crowd the main lobby at all hours of the day.
Beware: Parking is $35 a day for self parking and $50 for valet. It is also very hard to get into the garages because of the numerous one way streets and underground roads.
The hotel lobby is also a challenge to reach. Guests enter street level and take one set of elevators and then take another set of elevators to reach rooms and main areas.
The positive side to the hotel is that the rooms were nice and spacious. The hotel is reasonably priced. Finally, the hotel is walking distance to Michigan Ave. and the many dining options in the area.
However, there are so many other nice hotel options in the area, I would recommend looking elsewhere.
I will still be an Embassy Suites fan, but I will not recommend this option.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kjbrown83
GM_CHIRE, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest -

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are delighted that you found our rooms to be spacious and reasonably priced, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I truly apologize if you found our hotel to be somewhat crowded. I thank you for bringing the issues you mentioned in your review to our attention. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I assure you that your comments will only help us improve our service delivery. Our hotel experienced extremely high occupancies during your stay which you observed first-hand and I apologize that this tarnished your experience with our complimentary services such as breakfast and reception.

With respect the automobile parking rate structures, please know that our price-points are comparable to all the downtown hotels in our vicinity. As you can imagine, parking is very scarce in a major downtown areas and therefore the pricing to house vehicles reflects this scarcity. Again, your point is well noted and we regret that the parking pricing structures caused you alarm.

Thank you again for the time you took to provide us your candid feedback. We were honored to have you here as our guest and hope that you will come and see us again in the not-too-distant future. Until then, please be safe.

Warm regards,

Syed E. Hasan
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We went here on a quick vacation to beat the traffic to for the Chicago Auto Show. We parked in the self park and entered the hotel. The hotel was full of kids and they seemed to love the elevator. Room was on the 10th floor and there was glass elevators and glass railings. Room was nice and quiet because we were away from the elevators. We had two king beds and a pull out sofa. Room was clean. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and did not leave hungry. My kids tried out the pool and hot tub. I had to leave because of the chlorine.
DO NOT PAY FOR THE INTERNET !!!
We were able to get it for free!
This was the best prices hotel downtown!
We will be staying here again!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Achung70
Hampton, Illinois
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I recently attended a conference at the Sheraton, but elected to stay at the nearby Embassy Suites instead. I am so glad I did. The rooms were more reasonably priced, I had a fridge and coffee service in the room and a view of the lake. Lissa at the front desk was friendly and helpful. There was a free managers reception each evening and the free breakfast was outstanding. They even served made to order omelettes. The rooms were quiet and the elevators quick. I would recommend this hotel to both business travelers and families.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Stephanee J
Oak Park, Michigan
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our stay during the superbowl 2013 weekend was exceptional. We watched the superbowl on a large screen in the lobby. We were graced with complimentary drinks and snacks. Our rooms were very comfortable and the morning breakfast was delicious. We had great service and we will definitely return. This hotel exceeded my expectations for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business