Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile
The Peninsula
$240
$215
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$199
$324
Agoda.com
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$279
$195
  • Restaurant
3,408 results
All reviewsevening receptionnavy piermade to order breakfastsky lobbygreat locationmanagers receptionwhole foodsfree breakfastlong linecocktail hourliving roomstreet levelpull out couchself parkmagnificent milemichigan avecorner suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2012

very clean nice hotel, with outstanding views..so close to everything..at least 2 blocks from Navy Pier..great breakfast, and a Managers reception..the walls are thin..so please turn down your TV..our Tv in the bedroom only had analog channels and it kept going in and out..hard to watch the Tigers play the 1st game of the World series, but the Tv in the other room worked just fine..nice beds also....

Room Tip: really nice markets just across the street for your snacks...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This property is clearly better than the 2 stars I provided. Here is why the poor rating for my visit. I checked in around 8:00 pm and wanted a cup of coffee using the in room brewer. There were no cups of any kind in the room. I called downstairs and was sent some cups up fairly quickly. I was visiting for a trade show 10/15-10/18 and I went downstairs to meet some associates for a while. When I returned I noticed the door to my room was not locked. The reason why was there was some damage to the inside frame which would cause the door not to lock shut unless it was pulled very tight. I did not pull it tight because these heavy style doors are meant to shut and lock when pulled towards closing. This happened to me again one night as I slept but I did have the inside latch pulled over as a safety lock. What was most troubling was I did notify a male employee working on the floor that gave me the impression he might have been in maintenance but I did not specifically ask. I showed him the door damage and he said the hotel was aware of the problem. The issue was never fixed during my stay. I was in room 1019. That alone caused your low rating but there was more. The TV in my bedroom never worked. When you turn it on you simply get a flash on the screen that said something like trying to acquire signal. That is the TV I would have liked to relax in bed and watch the baseball playoffs or the presidential debates. You did a good job with breakfast and happy hour. I'm not sure why I could not get 2 glasses on wine, one for me and one for an associate sitting at the table but I guess there is a logical reason related to liability. I thought your elevators were very efficient for a large full property. In fairness if I stayed again you probably would be better than 2 stars but you have to fix room issues that could be a safet concern. That room be out of service until the door is repaired. Is it still damaged?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GM_CHIRE, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Guest -

At the very outset, I would like to apologize for the poor impression we gave you about our hotel. This is extremely concerning for me as the general manager and I accept responsibility for these failures. I am particularly distressed about your room door not shutting automatically and properly. This is a safety violation and should not have occurred in the first place but what concerns me even more is that this was not corrected even after you reported it to one of our team members on the floor. This is clearly inexcusable and again, as the general manager I accept the responsibility for this product deficiency and our staff's unfortunate lack of responsiveness. There are a number of things that can cause the door to stick against the door-frame but the most common reason is that sometimes the door can be mis-aligned due to stress. In any event, I personally made sure that we inspect and remedy the door to the specific room where you resided. I have also asked our chief engineer to audit the entire building and check all guestroom doors to ensure that they close automatically.

I also regret the issue of not having coffee cups in the suite upon your arrival as well as not having the TV signal for your in-room entertainment. Both these are also regrettable and I am sharing this information with our executive housekeeper so that there is greater awareness from the team and more attention is placed on details as we prepare our rooms for guest arrivals.

Thank you again for your feedback and the specific constructive comments. We love to hear about the things we do well but we also need to hear when we have service and product failures. Unfortunately, I can't go back in time and change your experience with us but I only hope to have another opportunity to serve you and show you that we are indeed a great hotel with a wonderful tradition of taking care of our customers. Please feel free to call my office directly if there is anything I can do for you.

Please stay well and safe travels.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here in October for a conference. Hotel staff was friendly, breakfast and complimentary cocktails and snacks in the evening were both great. Used the self park connected to hotel and saved about $15/night on parking. ($38 for self park - it's downtown Chicago and nothing is cheap!)
Rooms are spacious. Great location. Good staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel is in a great location. Very close to the navy pier and Michigan avenue. I spent three nights here and every night I was awaken but the room next door. Different people in the room each night as well. When in bed you can clearly hear the conversation through the wall. If they are doing anything more "adventurous" you clearly hear everything! The shower looked like it needed a good scrub down with bleach. I hate it when the grout is so discoloured when a good bleach scrubbing would take care of it. Also the soap dish in the shower was spinning around on the wall that you really couldn't use it.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GM_CHIRE, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Valued Guest -

First and foremost, thank you very much for the constructive feedback on your recent experience with us at our hotel.

Secondly, I would like to apologize for the issues you chronicled in your TripAdvisor posting. Your comment about the walls being too thin and you being able to hear the occupants next door is well taken, and can be a challenge at times and we appreciate the feedback. We can remedy this sometimes by relocating the guests to corner suites and away from 'noisy' neighbors.

With respect to the grout and the spinning soap dish, please know that we are currently in the middle of refurbishing all of our bathrooms with brand new chrome fixture which includes the soap dishes as well as the complete re-grouting around the bathtubs. We have completed about 60% of our 455 suites and the full completion date is December 15th of this year. As you can imagine, with a very busy hotel like ours, we have to continually maintain the product at many levels. In addition to the refurbishments in the bathrooms, we are doing a lot of work in the parlor and the bedroom as well. This includes new curtains and sheers, all new appliances and refrigerators, new lighting and lamps and much more. we are excited about these improvements and are confident that they will enhance the in-suite customer experience.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and now we hope you will return soon to experience the room re-fresh. In the meantime, please stay well and safe travels.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I reserved two suites for a girl's night out birthday celebration. When we got to the hotel around 5pm, only one room was ready. We did request two double bed suites next to each other, which they were trying to accommodate. We had 6pm dinner reservations which now meant we would all need to freshen up in one room. The front desk apologized and sent up a bottle of wine and a cheese tray. I thought that was a nice gesture for our inconvenience. When we came back from dinner, the other room was ready. We missed the cocktail hour so I cannot comment on that, but we did go down for breakfast the next day, and even though the hotel was full and there were a lot of people, the lines seemed to move within reason. We opted not to have cooked to order breakfast, as that line was longer. We did the hot buffet (eggs, bacon, potatoes, pancakes) and that moved along well, with lines forming on both sides. The bed was comfortable and the sink in the bedroom was a nice feature so one could be getting ready in the bedroom and the other in the bathroom. There was a half full bottle of pop in the fridge and was obviously missed during cleaning. Other than that, the room was very comfortable for the little time we were there. We opted for the self-park and the parking lot is a bit of a maze. Look up for the signs and the hotel is near the theater. Once we got our bearings, it was not bad. Overall, I would go back and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
GM_CHIRE, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest -

Thank you very much for your detailed review of your stay at the Embassy Suites Chicago Lakefront. I am thrilled to hear that your trip to Chicago with your girlfriends was enjoyable and comfortable. I do apologize for us not having all the suites ready for you upon your arrival. I am glad however that you were able to make your 6:00 pm dinner reservations.

We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful complimentary breakfast and all that it offers. Our team also appreciated your positive feedback on the comfortable accommodations and other aspects of your stay.

Thank you again for the great feedback and your visit to the hotel. We hope to serve you again on your next "Girls Night Out" trip to Chicago.

Cordially,